Health check to climb a ladder

scaffofsmeg

Reaction score
We have recently been told by a contractor that all are guys need to have a dr note to say we are healthy enough to climb a lader we have all done are courses and are all pretty fit is this nonsense or has anyone else had this ???

i have worked with a few guys over the years who couldnt go down a dropper,or come off the deck due to a doctors note.I never actually seen the notes myself but this may be where the client is coming from.;)

CB&I require an inertia reel at the top of all ladders with a rope attached to pull back down. Everyone ascending a ladder must be hooked on to the inertia.
As for health checks. Everyone here has to have a full medical including ECG, eyesight, hearing, diabetes, BP etc before being allowed on site.

We have recently been told by a contractor that all are guys need to have a dr note to say we are healthy enough to climb a lader we have all done are courses and are all pretty fit is this nonsense or has anyone else had this ???

Costain?

i have worked with a few guys over the years who couldnt go down a dropper,or come off the deck due to a doctors note.I never actually seen the notes myself but this may be where the client is coming from.;)

Maybe they kept the doctor's note in the toilet as that is where they used to go when a hanger was on.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

In Australia it is common for a pre-employment medical to include at least an hour of physical exercise. Treadmill, weights the full monty.

That's it boys, the game is fooked.:laugh::laugh:

we dont need to worry as the NASC, HSE and David Cameron are banning ladders in favour of Staircases so you can stop and have a breather on the way up;)
for once theyve done something for the common unfit out of shape alcoholic/drug enduced SCAFF

and how often would this note need to be renewed i think for people in other forms of work (not working at height) this may be the case folks like me

but in this industry it this seems extreem:confused:

and how often would this note need to be renewed i think for people in other forms of work (not working at height) this may be the case folks like me

but in this industry it this seems extreem:confused:

Good point would you need a doctors note for every time you climb a ladder?Will you also need one for climbing down?

What happens if your note runs out while your on a scaffold? do you call the fire brigade?

Its getting like offshore medicals.

But have you seen the size of some of them offshore lads.

It will be yearly doctors note saying fit to work.

Its to stop all the claims

Its getting like offshore medicals.

But have you seen the size of some of them offshore lads.

It will be yearly doctors note saying fit to work.

Its to stop all the claims

Exactly why the Oz medicals are so thorough Teeside. They dont want the claims or costs of medi-vaccing someone from a remote location.

Shell were supposed to introduce the BMI selection process many years ago. Don't know if it was ever brought in?

Isn't that what a normal lader platform dose just use 3 meter ladders but I think there making us do this with the Haiki staircase as well maybe ill argue that fact of a breather

too many young pooftas straight out of uni and into a building site office.. never done a hard days work, never wore a hard hat, held a spanner, hammer or wrench and they make up stupid rules like this.... the human race has gone soft..

The games been fecked for along time,made the decision this week to get out of it,had enough.

You have obviously done your stint and are well with in your rights to hang up the guns, but don't do it on the strength of anything you hear on here as half of it is lies and the other half is made up.;)

You have obviously done your stint and are well with in your rights to hang up the guns, but don't do it on the strength of anything you hear on here as half of it is lies and the other half is made up.;)

Yea but at least when the hse try and fine you £10,000 for being an illegal scaffolder you can just fly away wearing your scaffcape,straight over the third handrail throwing IW's at them while they try to negotiate the maze of staircases............sorted:noworry:

Top Bottom