Assessed Route Changes (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
Anyone got an update on the proposals for the Assessed Route of Entry??
Apparently the powers that be have decided to treat the scheme the same way as the ECITB because as no training was done the ASRE cardholders do not reach the "competency" criteria as laid down by NASC. HSE.

Apparently the training will be free for ASRE guys who are NASC members. All others will have to pay.

I bet these new training schools are rubbing their hands at the thought of this new windfall. Kerching goes the cash register.

Even if you took the course before 2005 WAHR were introduced.

Even if you took the course before 2005 WAHR were introduced.

Thats why they scrapped the scheme soon after the 2005 WAHR as it didnt fulfil the requirements of competency which includes training.
Apparently they are going to treat it exactly the same as the ECITB.Which in fairness to the ECITB boys it should be. If they have to do training because it wasnt in the ECITB then so should the ASRE boys. Good revenue booster for them IMO.Wish I had started a training centre all those years ago when I got fed up with packing kippers for a living!!!!

Anyone got an update on the proposals for the Assessed Route of Entry??
Apparently the powers that be have decided to treat the scheme the same way as the ECITB because as no training was done the ASRE cardholders do not reach the "competency" criteria as laid down by NASC. HSE.

Apparently the training will be free for ASRE guys who are NASC members. All others will have to pay.

I bet these new training schools are rubbing their hands at the thought of this new windfall. Kerching goes the cash register.

Yes I got an email about this yesterday.

Apparently the government has looked into the assessed route of entry and decided that it was illegal.

Basically, anyone who got a card through the assessed route now needs to start from scratch with the part 1 course - no exceptions (except NASC members)

I, for one, applaud this new ruling.

Yes I got an email about this yesterday.

Apparently the government has looked into the assessed route of entry and decided that it was illegal.

Basically, anyone who got a card through the assessed route now needs to start from scratch with the part 1 course - no exceptions (except NASC members)

I, for one, applaud this new ruling.

I didn't get the email but a friend of mine in the UK did. His company is a NASC member.
Don't the NASC guys still have to do the training but it's free for them?
Anything that ensures people working at height are competent can only be a good thing.

ahh here we go again more ********
the government cant get to grips with illegal immigrants,illegal drug use,illegal arms trade,but all of a sudden wee cammy is supposedly worried about illegal scaffolders.
if these illegal Scaffolders were in some shiithole that has no ties to gb then yes he would act,probably by sending ill equipped soldeirs.
so it is all shiite,but if it helps us get through the day and gets a bite carry on;)

Threatened it on Wednesday but never came to anything.
IT MORE LIKELY GOING TO BE ME THAT CHUCKS IT:eek:
ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH THE FAMILY AS YOU KNOW IT WILL FLY IN:sad:

HSWT is that the ewpar route by any chance??? ill be doing that prob within 6weeks or so

Its something to do with it but i think you still have to do the actual training course then pay the extra 465 quid for the assessment.
To be honest i am thousands of miles away and only hear from colleagues who are still in the UK about the planned changes.
Maybe some feedback from forum members connected with training schools such as Simian and NETA would be welcome as they should be in the know due to their close connections with CITB/CISRS/NASC etc.

Heart fluttered a bit then mate:) got p1 and p2 course but agreed with instructor ewpa was best route as I got part funding (£500 off) fingers crossed mate

well well the ASRE guys are going back to school and starting from scratch.....but the NASC guys will be ok they will get their training free.couple weeks back it was said that card renewals were on the way at £3000 a pop and a two week course,couple days later the same source said it the renewals were now going to be £1600 bit of a reduction that in the space of a few days,time to get a fcuking hobby and leave the laptop alone i think.

I did asre about 10 years ago but did the normal advanced recently. Looking forward to doing my Part 1 then :laugh:

Why would you have to do a Part 1? You have had training when you did the advanced course.
It only would apply to those who have had no training at all just like the ECITB boys.

Top Bottom