Ledger bracing

aidennixon

Reaction score
Does anyone here brace from ledger to mid rail, been doing it that way for years to make it easier for people to walk through scaffold.Someone tried to tell me other day it was unsafe cause I'm not near enough the node point all some crap like that.

yep.... by the book bracing needs to be with in 300 mm of the node point (where standard and ledger meat). There is the street world, where you can get away with doing what you like, then there is the site world where the safety officer will bend you over for everything.

I used to do that because it was easier to carry 5's up the ladder than 8's.

What do you mean 3 points of contact my balls are rubbing up the ladder aren't they?:eek::eek:

If you have the correct tie pattern and are using bones or aberdeens you can leave out the ledger bracing.

Last edited:
I have forgotten how many tower blocks we done with 10 foot lifts braced of the handrail always seemed to work , but its now looked at as bad practice.

Does anyone here brace from ledger to mid rail, been doing it that way for years to make it easier for people to walk through scaffold.Someone tried to tell me other day it was unsafe cause I'm not near enough the node point all some crap like that.

most our works industrial so we tie off the exsisting structure instead with sks. node point yes may be the strongest point on a straight forward job with contractors walking through looking at something. but working with paint tools extra must be a nightmare exspecially on a great big lump. what these contractors wana do is price for a scaffolder to be on sight and take the ties out when and when there needed to be instead of worry about the money then you ante got to swing like a monkey through the braceing!!! or do what most other trades do take them out there selfs:mad:

since engineers and site agents have got heavily involved with scaffolding, its hard to get away with "what we used to do, and it worked ok".

I have forgotten how many tower blocks we done with 10 foot lifts braced of the handrail always seemed to work , but its now looked at as bad practice.

Think you can still brace to the handrail, may be every standard though, check with your designer.

Top Bottom