p a y e new real time rules from April 2013 (1 Viewer)

Yeah, we are getting ready for these changes, a load of form filling to prove we are paying who we say we are paying and they are in fact who they say they are. All in all, another fekin nightmare we could have done without.

does that mean you get more money or you lose more money. i get a end of year tax return and ive been paye for 6 yrs but still have to fill one in

does that mean you get more money or you lose more money. i get a end of year tax return and ive been paye for 6 yrs but still have to fill one in

Same money Dico just a lot more paper work to prove the government are getting their cut.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

they are also cracking down on Umbrella schems too - BBC News - 'Abusive tax avoidance' affects temporary workers

Anyone who remembers the taxback uk scandal would have been suspicious of this from the beginning.

i hope to feck they do do away with all the umbarella shiit as the working man get his arse ripped with this crap,and AGENCIES LOVE IT.
THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY SOMEONE MONEY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED FOR CANT BE RIGHT,AND THE TAXMAN GETS FECKED ALONG THE WAY.:mad:

me and the missus were talking about this, surely it can't be legal to charge you to get your wages. it's not like you have a choice?

ive had it a couple of times seems to be the way of it with these agency jobs.
its a fecking disgrace its not to get your money its for the payroll service,biggest scam ever:mad:

Bout time these so-called agency's were stopped. One employer I worked for boasted to me he was saving up to £200k PA in NI alone, taxation needed to run the NHS, pensions etc. It didn't bother him as he is independantly wealthy and owns property abroad to retire to.

Its the general working public, you and me, that lose out. B@st@r6s

Lads better hope that payroll gets their money right!

There is no same-day payments allowed under this system - so any errors will have to be rectified in the next payment run.

I suppose the big boys might struggle to do this but the smaller amongst us can make up any shortfall with a check and sort the paper work next run.

They tell me even a mistake in the name can lead to the whole thing grinding to a halt.

Dico,if your paye,why do you have to fill out tax returns. Unless yur holding a utr number:wondering:

i had a utr number fred in early 2007 as i was self employed for part of that year i rang them and said i was paye but they still send the forms and we fill them in on line normally get a little back from paye. then they ask for it back a month later last 1 i got was £235 then they sent leter back month later saying i owed them £65 why give it to you in the first place lol!!!

Might be worth giving them a call to clarify.,tell em your not self employed any more.I didnt think you could make claims if yur paye.
I had it in reverse,was on paye for 6 months,then got collared for extra. They bang you for late returns and £10 a day till returns are sent in.

yeah you can make a claim fred as long as you dont take the p!ss may ring them this year thou as you say shouldnt need to mate. you owe them money fred there straight on it. they owe you money fred dont hold your breath. that p50 tax forms a joke aswell was out the other month so put in for a tax rebate 3 times they sent it back there fooking useless the inland revenue. you owe them money and they dont get it the baliff putting petrol in hes car for a visit!!!

BT has posted a few times now Frederik, you can claim against PAYE just as much as self employed, the main difference being you won't have spent much books in so most don't need to claim.

The Tax man wants to know your total earnings for any tax year.

This can include PAYE,self employed,unearned income,interest on savings or investments.

from your total income he will deduct your "personel allowance" plus all your expenses claimed,within the guidelines.

he will arrive at a nett figure and you will pay income tax at the rate set for that tax year.

The Tax man wants to know your total earnings for any tax year.

This can include PAYE,self employed,unearned income,interest on savings or investments.

from your total income he will deduct your "personel allowance" plus all your expenses claimed,within the guidelines.

he will arrive at a nett figure and you will pay income tax at the rate set for that tax year.

do you still get a personal allowance even though your self employed?

YES

Your Personel allowances and rates of tax are the same however you earn your money

Last edited:
Top Bottom