New X-Pro Scaffolders Level needs your help!!!...

A mate of mine has one , had to wait months for it after paying up front !!

I had a go of it and didn't like it , main reasons ...

- when levelling in below waist height ( bottom handrail, cantileved ledgers ie. if your above and your mate is at the bottom of the spur pushing up ) you have to squat down as the level vial is covered on top (unlike the traditional stabila design ).

- 45 degree vial ? Who checks thier sway braces ? maybe should of been 75 degree for the benefit of a picky H&S person checking ladder angles .

- Finding a suitable frog for it to fit into

One thing to note it is very light but let's have it right ,the stabila , Leach's Big Ben range are hardly like humping a anvil about .

If mirrors on your level float your boat I'd try on of these ...

Professional Spirit Level 25cm - Measures & Spirit Levels - Hand Tools -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes

A mate of mine has one , had to wait months for it after paying up front !!

- when levelling in below waist height ( bottom handrail, cantileved ledgers ie. if your above and your mate is at the bottom of the spur pushing up ) you have to squat down as the level vial is covered on top (unlike the traditional stabila design ).

- 45 degree vial ? Who checks thier sway braces ? maybe should of been 75 degree for the benefit of a picky H&S person checking ladder angles .

- Finding a suitable frog for it to fit into

One thing to note it is very light but let's have it right ,the stabila , Leach's Big Ben range are hardly like humping a anvil about .

If mirrors on your level float your boat I'd try on of these ...

Professional Spirit Level 25cm - Measures & Spirit Levels - Hand Tools -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes
All feedback is positive as it helps in the design of newer models...

I am not a Scaffolder and designed this by request for you guys, so only by getting your feedback can I make it better.

Regards your mate paying up front and waiting months, the Kickstarter article explains what happened there. This is a new design with new features and is made from new materials and so making it is venturing into untested waters, it had delays due to various issues which each had to be resolved. That happens in the development of new products.

With any new product, some will like it and some won't - but continuous devlopment is the key to progress and the level you linked to doesn't have the EndView feature and for Scaffolders I'm told the Vertical mirror in that design is next to useless to you.

I may not be in your 'Trade' and have your 'Experience' but at least I am trying to make a positive difference for your benefit!!!...

Constructive citicism is always welcome.

a mate of mine has one , had to wait months for it after paying up front !!

- when levelling in below waist height ( bottom handrail, cantileved ledgers ie. If your above and your mate is at the bottom of the spur pushing up ) you have to squat down as the level vial is covered on top (unlike the traditional stabila design ).

- 45 degree vial ? Who checks thier sway braces ? Maybe should of been 75 degree for the benefit of a picky h&s person checking ladder angles .

- finding a suitable frog for it to fit into

one thing to note it is very light but let's have it right ,the stabila , leach's big ben range are hardly like humping a anvil about .

If mirrors on your level float your boat i'd try on of these ...

professional spirit level 25cm - measures & spirit levels - hand tools -tools, electrical & plumbing - wickes

aye ,i orderd 1 for the crack last year there was no mention of it not been ready for production or anythign waited around a month so got my money back after a while. Mr sparrow i think does them

I resisted magnets in my level for years and eventually succumbed in a Liverpool pub when a smackhead was offering the latest stabila for a fiver,it'd take more than a few mirrors to make me change from my old trusty magnetic stabila now,if it aint broke don't fix it I say:huh:

I resisted magnets in my level for years and eventually succumbed in a Liverpool pub when a smackhead was offering the latest stabila for a fiver,it'd take more than a few mirrors to make me change from my old trusty magnetic stabila now,if it aint broke don't fix it I say:huh:

good piont lol i think if a few scaffs seen there sell in the mirror thed jump of the scaffold scared sh1tless lol ..dusts him self off .....who the feks that ugly c@nt up there lol

I'm still using my original non-magnetic one bf as i left my gucci earth mag stuck on a standard & some thievin brickie had it away or maybe it was the scaffold fairy ..i'll never know but now gotta part with more beer tokens for another one lol

200K to get this level to market and you are still looking for pledges? Got to be honest, I can't believe you have 7 pledges, I'm oot.

I dont think you will have a market within the scaffolding industry Octoeye ,
the levels we use do the job perfectly so why would we need mirrors ?

I can see the benefit of the mirrors on a 4 foot level and in fact i have had one for years which i use around the house.

Top Bottom