New X-Pro Scaffolders Level needs your help!!!... (1 Viewer)

Don't understand why mirrors I have never had any problems reading my level.only on night shift and will the mirrors scratch?

Nah, they can usually see with the light from the screen on their phone!

Nah, they can usually see with the light from the screen on their phone!

Would that be the same phone that they never answer if you try and call them,yet their always on it when you drive on site:huh:

Would that be the same phone that they never answer if you try and call them,yet their always on it when you drive on site:huh:

That would be the one BF:wondering:

With regards to the x-pro level, we have been trying it out for a few weeks and find it very easy to get used to, the end view comes in to it own when your spanning somthing, the mirrors need a wipe if you grap it and put your dirty gloves on them but all in all its a great idea and will be a useful tool within the scaffolding industy.

Ok some valid questions;

I am a Tradesman myself of over 27 years, fitting windows. In a number of cases conventional levels can be very difficult to get into the right position to clearly see the vial correctly, windows often tend to have obstructive things around them which make it very difficult to see the vials. Not too much of a problem in Scaffolding I guess, but other trades also have their issues with levels too.

Anyway other than the endless pulled muscles you get from those awkward viewing positions conventional levels get you into, I actually stabbed my eye onto a rusty nail once and banged my head and face onmany occasions when leaning in to view the Plumb vial because you look at the level not where your planting your face, and recalling having also seen another tradesman many years earlier who'd actually lost an eye to the same type of incident I thought something needs to be done about it. My eyes are worth more to me than a day or even a years pay.

I taught myself how to use a CAD system and designed a full set of levels, and when showing the Prototypes at a Tradeshow in 2010, several Scaffolders came onto my stand and asked me to design one for them as the 'EndView' feature would be invaluable for levelling horizontals because you can see the Bubble from where you make the adjustments, rather than having to lean around to view the vial from the side.

This has GOT to be safer when you're several floors up climbing around scaffolding before the planks are laid? Not to mention Quicker? and after all Time is Money!!!...

One has just been tested on the job by a Scaffolder to which I'm pleased to say he found it very useful and I'm sure he'll let you all know about it on his own website soon. He also apparently lent it to a Heating Engineer who found the mirrors so useful he tried to buy the level from the Scaffolder right there and then.

It may sound like a joke idea to some of you but trust me once you start using them you'll be wondering how you ever got by without them.

These were designed as a very serious evolutionary development into an age old product and over 5 years and £200k have been spent trying to bring this product to you all of which has had to be raised the hard way all the way, but patent costs and development costs have always been too much at once to cover tooling costs as well.

All I need from you guys is a bit of support just by Pledging to buy one of the Kickstarter.com Rewards and I can finally bring this project to completion and put the full range into production.

Trust me you won't just end up feeling good about helping out a fellow Tradesman, you'll also be glad you got yourselves one of these great new products.

Follow this link and go see the vieo for yourselves; Kickstarter.com

NOTE; The Mirrors are 316 Marine Grade Polished Stainless Steel... Yes they can be scratched but not easily and they are replaceable, however minor surface scratches won't even notice because when you focus on the vial reflection you are actually looking past the scratches so they pretty much become invisible.

If you can invent a way of doing scaffolding that does away with the need to be in awkward positions you will make far more than you will with the level.
One of the main things about working safely in the construction industry is to be aware of your surroundings. That includes looking out for dangers like protuding nails and restricted headroom.

Top Bottom