This is so true of a man working away from home just to have a comfortable life, (1 Viewer)

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
This is so true of a man working away from home just to have a comfortable life, not a great life.

For all the guys wanting to work offshore and abroad take stock before you sign on the dotted line
Yes you get a good wage
Yes you can up your lifestyle with a nice home car and holidays
Yes the financial rewards are tempting
Yes you do get a considerable time at home when you are home
... YES you are in a cabin or prison cell for twelve hours a day and working the other twelve
YES you have to share with people who snore and smell
YES you have to put up with substandard cramped conditions and food
YES You do miss your loved ones
SO ??? BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON A TRIP AND SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY
THINK ON ????
No you will not be there for all your kids birthdays
No you will not make every party BBQ or whoevers 40th 60th 80th birthday anniversary
No you will not always see your kids swim or ride a bike for the first time
No you will not be there at holy trinity or school plays and see them being presented with a medal for sports day or a high achievement
No you will not always be there and will feel helpless and far away in times of family crisis
No you will not be there to bury a family member or close friend

SO BEFORE ANYONE JUDGES SOMEONE WHO HAS THE GUTS TO WORK AWAY AND TRY TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR HIS FAMILY
DON'T say he is lucky or he minted !!!!!
He has sacrificed More than half his life to make his family's life a GOOD one filled with happiness and hope xxxxxxxxx
Rant over
JUST SAYING

GOT THIS OFF FACEBOOK BUTS ITS SO TRUE OF A SCAFF WORKING AWAY FROM HOME.

I wouldnt say Sacrificed , Id say he made a choice between being there at home when it counts or chasing the dollar, We,ve all done it , But we certainly aint no martyrs , Sacrificed is too strong a word I Think :D

You can tell you have copied and pasted from someone else , Its Spelt Correctly , Well written and got Too many big words in it for a smoggy to write :toung:

I agree with super,it's not as if you have no choice in the matter,only a judge would make me miss half my kids childhoods,life really is too short to spend half of it on a rig while the rest of the world gets on with things without you,but each to his own,good luck to the guy's that do:cool:

I did it for a couple of years and the rig yards for a couple of years before that, not long by many peoples standards but long enough for this home bird and to be honest, agree with every word it says. I think I did make sacrifices to try and push ahead, the worst being when I missed an entire trip to get married meaning I had 6 weeks off. I literally had one foot in the door and one foot out the door hoping and praying the Mrs would tell me to wrap the job in and get a start at home. Once you were there you just got on with it but I certainly feel sacrifices were made.

i did it for a couple of years and the rig yards for a couple of years before that, not long by many peoples standards but long enough for this home bird and to be honest, agree with every word it says. I think i did make sacrifices to try and push ahead, the worst being when i missed an entire trip to get married meaning i had 6 weeks off. I literally had one foot in the door and one foot out the door hoping and praying the mrs would tell me to wrap the job in and get a start at home. Once you were there you just got on with it but i certainly feel sacrifices were made.

have you nee wians?

Fook that marra, I have a yard full of weans and the only wean I am going to have in this hoose is me.:cool:

Fookin starvin once again.:laugh::laugh:

But what ever you do don't tell the wee yin.

Pity, but any contribution welcome, Jimmy will be pleased.:laugh:

This is so true of a man working away from home just to have a comfortable life, not a great life.

For all the guys wanting to work offshore and abroad take stock before you sign on the dotted line
Yes you get a good wage
Yes you can up your lifestyle with a nice home car and holidays
Yes the financial rewards are tempting
Yes you do get a considerable time at home when you are home
... YES you are in a cabin or prison cell for twelve hours a day and working the other twelve
YES you have to share with people who snore and smell
YES you have to put up with substandard cramped conditions and food
YES You do miss your loved ones
SO ??? BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON A TRIP AND SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY
THINK ON ????
No you will not be there for all your kids birthdays
No you will not make every party BBQ or whoevers 40th 60th 80th birthday anniversary
No you will not always see your kids swim or ride a bike for the first time
No you will not be there at holy trinity or school plays and see them being presented with a medal for sports day or a high achievement
No you will not always be there and will feel helpless and far away in times of family crisis
No you will not be there to bury a family member or close friend

SO BEFORE ANYONE JUDGES SOMEONE WHO HAS THE GUTS TO WORK AWAY AND TRY TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR HIS FAMILY
DON'T say he is lucky or he minted !!!!!
He has sacrificed More than half his life to make his family's life a GOOD one filled with happiness and hope xxxxxxxxx
Rant over
JUST SAYING

GOT THIS OFF FACEBOOK BUTS ITS SO TRUE OF A SCAFF WORKING AWAY FROM HOME.

I have to say this is the biggest load of ******** posted by Teeside since the last biggest load of ******** he posted.
It is purely choice no sacrifice involved.
In my opinion offshore or a job with a rotation is by far the best option. On a 2 on 2 off you have money in your pocket with 2 weeks with no graft to spend time with family, friends etc. Far better than grafting week in week out and being too tired to spend time with the kids if you have a day off at the weekend.
I had one job where my family were with me. Film stars money, a million pound house to live in and all expenses paid. However the stress was that much it made family life extremely difficult.
Far better to have 2 weeks off every month with no thought of work to bother you.
I wonder how many offshore men would swap their cushy life for being up to their necks in mud on a housing site?
No sacrifice whatsoever and any one who moans about getting the train to Aberdeen needs to think how lucky they are.

I have to say this is the biggest load of ******** posted by Teeside since the last biggest load of ******** he posted.
It is purely choice no sacrifice involved.
In my opinion offshore or a job with a rotation is by far the best option. On a 2 on 2 off you have money in your pocket with 2 weeks with no graft to spend time with family, friends etc. Far better than grafting week in week out and being too tired to spend time with the kids if you have a day off at the weekend.
I had one job where my family were with me. Film stars money, a million pound house to live in and all expenses paid. However the stress was that much it made family life extremely difficult.
Far better to have 2 weeks off every month with no thought of work to bother you.
I wonder how many offshore men would swap their cushy life for being up to their necks in mud on a housing site?
No sacrifice whatsoever and any one who moans about getting the train to Aberdeen needs to think how lucky they are.

All true hswt.

I struggle to see how having a father & husband working on an oil rig in the North Sea for months on end can 'make his family's life a GOOD one filled with happiness and hope'.

Utter nonsense.

And wtf is with all the kisses at the end? This forum is getting more like mumsnet.com everyday.

We'll all be calling each other 'Hun' next.

Pathetic.

I WORK AWAY MOST OF MY TIME BUT WHEN I AM AT HOME YOU ARE ON PRICE AND CUUNTED OR IN A G/MOUTH OR HUNTERSTON ETC AND DOING EVERY HOUR ANYWAY BUT WITH THE HOUR DRIVE.
I ALWAYS REMEMBER WORKING AT HOME AND BEING HAME JUST AFTER 7 AND HAVING TO STAND OUTSIDE THE HOUSE WHILE THE STORIES WERE GETTING READ,SO I DIDNT DISTURB THEM AND THINKING WHAT THE FECKS THE POINT THEY DONT SEE ME ANYWAY.
ITS A CHOICE MAYBE ONE FORCED ON ME BY WANTING THE BETTER HOLIDAY THE BIGGER HOOSE ETC.

NOW YOUVE GOT OFFSHORE SCAFFS MOANING ABOUT HAVING TO TAKE HARD FOUGHT FOR HOLIDAYS THAT PEOPLE MADE SACRAFICES TO GET:mad:

All true hswt.

I struggle to see how having a father & husband working on an oil rig in the North Sea for months on end can 'make his family's life a GOOD one filled with happiness and hope'.

Utter nonsense.

And wtf is with all the kisses at the end? This forum is getting more like mumsnet.com everyday.

We'll all be calling each other 'Hun' next.

Pathetic.

I didn't notice the kisses but i think it was started by VLLB in a post about me. Jason Gibbs was upset becuse he didn't receive the same.

My wife calls me "Honey". She called me honey yesterday and my almost 3 years old daughter who I hadnt seen for 4 months said "Don't call him honey he is MY daddy". Priceless

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

How many men who have worked away can put their hands on their hearts and say its been a sacrifice? Many love it as its a chance to get away from the trouble and strife and dustbins for a while!!

when away from home before mobiles it really was happy days
it is still quite conveniant that most of the refineries,yards and power stations are in very bad reception areas HENCE THE "YER BREAKING UP HEN" happens quite a lot.:eek:

I was quite surprised when you said you havnt any littleuns Aom.
Who will inherit all yur bent tube.??

Top Bottom