Wd40. (1 Viewer)

Is all these things not the same? I may be wrong but I think scaffeze and clip lube are. We got a sample sent through for clip lube and despite the claim of the supplier couldn't tell the difference.

Parts Washer Parts Cleaner Cjautos PWL1 | eBay

heres the station i got for really bad fittings as you can revamp em with a bit of costic soda then wash em the wack in here.

not sure about the scaff x - the pictures show a reburished fitting which takes me 2 stages to achive, cliplube is an oil based lube and we use it all the time where as scaffeze is a blue water based substance that seems to evaporate off the fittings really quickly ....not really to my likeing

Maybe I am thinking of something different, but I got sent a sample from a boy on the forum and am convinced it was just scaffeze in another bottle. You are right about it coming of the fitting though, we also do the 2 stage thing with scaffeze then new engine oil, that seems to do the trick. Might have a second go at that clip lube again.

leechs are advertising a new product but a bit expensive for total refurbishment of badly rusted fittings ....it takes it all off...then lube it ....personally i think soda does the same thng only cheaper

Sounds about right for them though. Don't think we have any that are that bad, we do them fairly regularly. A lot of rain up here you know.;)

we allways get the ones that dont work 1st time and then get chucked down - only to appear 6 months later coveres in shiiit & rust.....normally then get left in a corner in the fitting shed or the ones that seem to avoid getting used till you have to drag the bottom of the barrell...
bought it off ebay for £30 & has proberbly saved more than that in thrown away fittings the 1st time we used it

AOM we used every last double in our yard a few weeks ago , not a single one left in the yard, to finish of a big dead shore , i soaked all the doubles i thought would never work again in this cliplube overnight , and to my shock 99% of them worked with a good pull on the spanner managed to get round 500 doubles to work that i thought where knackered , saved me running to Trads to buy more , this is good gear mate i will be using it from now on ;)

For anybody searching for an alternative to Scaffeze - We at Eljay have a tried and tested formula trusted by many scaffolding companies around the UK for a fraction of the price.

Our formula doesnt evaporate too quickly and leaves a protective coating.

Can deliver throughout the UK

i will be more than happy to assist anyone so please feel free to contact me at ryan.saunders@eljayltd.co.uk

Eljay chemicals just as good as scaffeze if not better and last a lot longer - deliver through UK too

Top Bottom