Tg e-guide (1 Viewer)

aom

Reaction score
I got a better look at this e-guide today, and as one or two were discussing it on another thread I thought I would pass on how impressed with it I was. The only down side for me personally is, I might not have spent so much money getting the full Smart Scaffolder as this guide pretty much does it all without the drawings load lists and illustrations. With TG:20 changing fairly radically in the next few weeks, I reckon this could be your next must have to try and convince your client the job is compliant despite having 10 lifts on your beams.

Not sure Tim, but the same time as it will be to members. Every meeting they get another question and more work to do, it looks good to me though. It's going to cut my design bill way down anyway with all the changes.

Enlighten us aom,what changes are afoot that matter to us??it's a crazy scenario where this info is not freely available to the masses:sad:

Enlighten us aom,what changes are afoot that matter to us??it's a crazy scenario where this info is not freely available to the masses:sad:

Nothing for free in this life BF. The main changes for me is we are now back to the single sway brace, tie to the inside standard, no Aberdeen's for netting, 3m lift heights, chimney scaffolds, any boarded configuration as the calcs are done to the worst case senario, same when boards are lashed no need for tie calculations, loading bay, fans and the big one for me, put a beam in with as many lifts as you like as it will work out when you require further sets and tell you how to lace them, all in all pretty good. The only thing I can really think we will need a drawing for now is when we are canting out the beams.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Looks a great bit of kit.

Agreed. You might have to change your drawings and handouts though.

Nothing for free in this life BF. The main changes for me is we are now back to the single sway brace, tie to the inside standard, no Aberdeen's for netting, 3m lift heights, chimney scaffolds, any boarded configuration as the calcs are done to the worst case senario, same when boards are lashed no need for tie calculations, loading bay, fans and the big one for me, put a beam in with as many lifts as you like as it will work out when you require further sets and tell you how to lace them, all in all pretty good. The only thing I can really think we will need a drawing for now is when we are canting out the beams.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I think that wont be a bad thing, the thing i like with it is what a great teaching aid?

True, and don't want to get into the politics of it but have you seen the one Kev Morris made? I reckon that's the best yet.

Alistair i'm on my way to argyle to goggle this for myself lol,are you saying they've removed the need for design from most non standard scaffolds??surely not?:unsure:

Yes BF, hence the delay in getting this up and running. It's levelling the field a bit more and the designers earning a good living designing already compliant jobs are in for a shock.

Don't worry matey, no need to come to Argyll, they are rolling it out nationwide, it will come to Wales eventually.;)

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I think there is a power point presentation on the NASC web site, have a look.

True, and don't want to get into the politics of it but have you seen the one Kev Morris made? I reckon that's the best yet.

I have seen kev Morris power points fond them spot on.

As soon as I saw them I knew they were made for teaching, fantastic visual aid. I had to do a wee drawing on the white board for the part 1 shadow I did, it looked like kerplunk by the time I was finished with it. These images make a huge difference.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

So its going back to 5973? That will set the cat among the pigeons out here.

I think they have just finally been able to prove what they always suspected and are fed up being dictated to by our European cousins.

Brilliant,in a couple of weeks all them hidden non conforming scaffolds that you've all got (ahem) will suddenly conform:nuts::)

Sorry Phil, none. It is marked down as one free copy to members but as I said nothing is free.

What I would say though is, if you do have to prove compliance or deal with some half wit who knows all the regs but not what any of them contain, this will be invaluable.

Brilliant,in a couple of weeks all them hidden non conforming scaffolds that you've all got (ahem) will suddenly conform:nuts::)

haha, crossed my mind.:noworry:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Are leaners back in favour?

Never left, no ties required but blue rope round a down pipe is recommended.

Easy for the learners to understand the information and better than 200 hundred word power point.

Top Bottom