Rope access/basic or advanced scaf

Paul_SHS

Reaction score
Urgently required CISRS with valid IRATA ticket at Olympic village
Striking hanging scaffolds on next 2-3 Saturdays at 60m some over water some over hard standing.

£20/h must be able to pass D&A you WILL be tested. shift from 0700 till 15:30-16:00

Call Paul 07793676320

Striking hanging scaffolds on next 2-3 Saturdays at 60m some over water some over hard standing.

£20/h must be able to pass D&A you WILL be tested. shift from 0700 till 15:30-16:00

Call Paul 07793676320
Why ?

Alright Fella's

Think this is a Job that went a bit "political" after a bit of argument the site and my client are now insisting that Irata guys strike the scaffold but at least one of the team should be CISRS certified as well as IRATA certified. Had a guy but he has gone off shore...

Alright Fella's

Think this is a Job that went a bit "political" after a bit of argument the site and my client are now insisting that Irata guys strike the scaffold but at least one of the team should be CISRS certified as well as IRATA certified. Had a guy but he has gone off shore...
Thanks Paul that was my question, Why would you need rope access to strip a hanger.
Just wish your scaffold contractor had more backbone and this does not set a precedent, before long trained scaffolders will be good for cuplock towers and not much else

OK rob mack sweetheart ?

You will need an Advanced scaffolder to lead the strike especially if its gone political

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

PS I have just learnt how to tie my boots does that count!

Call Paul 07793676320

The games fecked. CISRS should restart training the bosun's chair on the advanced course.

Seen it happening already. Scafs working out of pickers at T2... Totally nuts.

Insisting that IRITA strike the scaffold but Atleast one of the men should be CISRS certified? Is this for real or a wind up? Are these people really so thick as to think that having a rope access ticket QUALIFIES you to strip any scaffold, never mind a hanger 100ft in the air?

Wish I could hand my 3 years down Bircham back in and do a 2 week rope access course instead. Might get a fancy job then.....

190ft in the air,with a cisrs ticket and all for £20 ph,good luck to them finding a dope on a rope who's going to do that,and at weekends till four,Mmm,whoever does that will need a shedload of drugs and alchohol never mind passing a D.A. test,lol:eek:

Thanks Paul that was my question, Why would you need rope access to strip a hanger.
Just wish your scaffold contractor had more backbone and this does not set a precedent, before long trained scaffolders will be good for cuplock towers and not much else

OK rob mack sweetheart ?
all good er kiddy!.......its just if i want an answer to sumfang i just go straight to the sorce.....call me old fashioned!!...ok sweet art?????!!!:bigsmile:

190ft in the air,with a cisrs ticket and all for £20 ph,good luck to them finding a dope on a rope who's going to do that,and at weekends till four,Mmm,whoever does that will need a shedload of drugs and alchohol never mind passing a D.A. test,lol:eek:

Just a normal days work for ex Botlek boys. No ropes, no inertia reels but there was a shedload of drugs and alcohol though!!!

Insisting that IRITA strike the scaffold but Atleast one of the men should be CISRS certified? Is this for real or a wind up? Are these people really so thick as to think that having a rope access ticket QUALIFIES you to strip any scaffold, never mind a hanger 100ft in the air?

Wish I could hand my 3 years down Bircham back in and do a 2 week rope access course instead. Might get a fancy job then.....

Have to agree what makes them think abseilers can dismantle scaffold safely ,who did the risk assessment there?.

Last edited:
It's bam nutall there going abit crazy on the whole health and safety **** I've just had to spend 2 days supervising part ones to strip 2 2metre layher temporary stands because they reckon its part 2 work ?? They wasn't even off the floor

I just spent 8 months there and it's a nightmare.security,h&s,zero tollerence,and a ******* 30 min bus ride from gate to job.glad I'm off there

All the rope access boys should be there to do is hang Nets if its "risk assessed as too dangerous"

Then let the scaffs do there work. They could "hang around" and labour If they want

Top Bottom