The Story Behind The Safe Scaffold Bolt Fitting (1 Viewer)

I read this, but wondered if it was akin to re-inventing the wheel? Don't get me wrong, I know in certain situations, the fitting can be troublesome and sometimes in tight spaces they can constitute a hazard, but is that not why we put high visibility end caps on them? At a guess, I could see maybe some jobs using this bolt, but in general I can't see the design of the double changing any time soon.

The slightest bit of muck going in those threads would cause them to F up , prestige jobs only I would say .

A radical, ground breaking revelation. . . Ready?
Use band and plate for your hand rails or. . . Dare I say it, singles. No nasty bolts encroaching into electrician's airspace.

It might be a better idea for singles. I use to hate stripping a job with bits of scalp and hair still attached to the bolt. Yuk!!!

It might be a better idea for singles. I use to hate stripping a job with bits of scalp and hair still attached to the bolt. Yuk!!!

Used to be done on singles years ago. Guardrails are for stopping people going over the edge not for leaning on. Why not do away with them all together and use fencing wire? They can get the sparkies to electrify it then that will stop people leaning on it and running the risk of getting bruised elbows thus negating the chances of any expensive claims. It would also stop the brickies going near the edge and shouting at women and the innocent scaffs getting the blame. Works for cows.

This safer fitting can only be a improvement on any Tube and Clip scaffold of any kind. Surely????
The comment reference dirt in the thread is the same as any other nut and bolt on any other fitting out there. It will just wipe off or run through the thread and out the bottom.
All SSB fittings are tested to EN74.
Thank you for your comments.

Yer fitting's a shanner.
Only took you a year to come onto the forum to see what the lad's that will be using it think.

why the feck was the sparky leaning through a handrail
they are there to keep people inside the safezone/scaffold.If he needed to be 3ft etc away from the scaffold then get it extended:eek:

NO DOUBT ANOTHER ELECTRICIAN WITHOUT A BACKBONE
AS ANY SCAFF INVOLVED IN A DISPUTE WILL AGREE THEY NEVER COME OUT WITH THE LADS;)

They could catch on Happy,making all the others obsolete. benefits iw users with a shrter socket,lol. And whats a shammer in english?

Im thinking load of sh.te

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I suppose the concept would work on singles and swivs??

Im thinking load of sh.te

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I suppose the concept would work on singles and swivs??

Well done that man. Top of the class on Glasweigan lingo.
Shanner = sh1te.

Your prize is. . . Getting the first round in when the Glasgow leg of the forum 'knees up' transpires.

Top Bottom