HSE Purge

spannerman

Reaction score
Had it on good authority today from our safety officer that the HSE has started a nationwide purge this week on street jobs, In particular segregating the public from the work area, cross the T's and dot the i's lads.

seems like they are fed up of getting there boots dirty on sites, mind you they will now have to look out for the dog s.h.i.t.e

You see these jobs going up. Members of the public oblivious to whats happening above.
Walking under scaffolds while gears being winched or chained. No safty/coned areas.

how many time have you put up a job up next to parked cars put a barrie across the pavment theve walked round it round the back of the car and back under the scaffold or if for what ever reason there a larl gap in the barries tape the squees threw it and walk right under were your working and after doing both these things once from under neith the job the cross to the pavment on the other feking side

Had it on good authority today from our safety officer that the HSE has started a nationwide purge this week on street jobs, In particular segregating the public from the work area, cross the T's and dot the i's lads.

Haha! Talk to any HSE rep and they'll always tell you that they are 'starting a crackdown'.

It's just generic nonsense they are programmed to come out with. The reality is that there isn't enough of them to make any difference, and scaffolding is such a small industry it's way down their list of priorities anyway.

The HSE need to do more walks up and down the high st it would work better if the council supplied a list of scaffolds that required the pavement license this way they won't gwt lost

Haha! Talk to any HSE rep and they'll always tell you that they are 'starting a crackdown'.

It's just generic nonsense they are programmed to come out with. The reality is that there isn't enough of them to make any difference, and scaffolding is such a small industry it's way down their list of priorities anyway.

Driving to work this morning and it was even publicised on our local radio station
Reading out the statitics that there were two killed and 60 injured last year relating to scaffolds,(would assume this included sites as well).

Top Bottom