Tickets? Do you think they are as important as they are made out to be??

J

Jason-Gibbs

Evening dudes.

A quick thought.
CISRS certs, ie: tickets...

You can be the best Scaffolder in the world, by the opinion of others... or have 30 years in the game, without any valid proof.

or

You can have all the tickets in the world, that you got via apprenticeship schemes, government training grants or simply 'daddy' had the right connections to get it sorted out for you.

What is better?
The man who is supposedly decent and experienced, but he could be full of shiit and been an Ice Cream Man for 29 of those 30 years or the kids whos blagged himself the right tickets, but you couldn't trust him to lace up his boots, let alone Base-out a Scaffold un-supervised. :suspicious:

I think that personally, you simply MUST have a mixture of both experience and tickets.

But legally, even though hes not ready for such a task, the qualified kid has more a leg to stand on, then the unqualified 'old-hand'.

What do you think?
Old, experienced, but with no tickets.
Young, green, but fully qualified.

Just a thought.

The man with a ticket is competent good or bad at scaffolding the man without is a trainee in the eyes of the law.

I think more scaffolds fall over in these modern times with all the ticketed scaffs tha n they did 25 years ago ,all tickets and no experience !,they need drawings these days.

You Will not beat Experience in this game , dont matter how many tickets you got if you aint got the practical know how.

You can suz out a bull sh itter in 30 seconds and there are many with and without tickets.

Personally i would go for the experience over the ticket , pay the man what he is worth not what the ticket says he is worth .

thats my opinion ;)

I think tickets can be a good thing, they need improving, how you achieve them isn't perfect.

I just don't rate these cards we have to have. And how they expire so easily. As if all your experience and tickets are some how over night now void and you're no longer allowed to work.....

All the job adds say must have cisrs tickets,they dont say "anyone will do as long as they can do the job" so the message is clear,no ticket no job;)

What a daft thread Jason

Only made it, because certain people seemed it ok to consider sending a Part 1 to strike a Hanger... which several said was wrong, including myself.

Just wanted the opinions of others.
Besides, this thread as pointless as: Dog/Cat, Elephant, Turtle, Roulette and fu.cking Kevin Webster Association or any other silly one made? hmm? :huh:

You Will not beat Experience in this game , dont matter how many tickets you got if you aint got the practical know how.

You can suz out a bull sh itter in 30 seconds and there are many with and without tickets.

Personally i would go for the experience over the ticket , pay the man what he is worth not what the ticket says he is worth .

thats my opinion ;)

I agree with you and Gary the question was about law which means tickets, i was taught by old school before tickets came out in 1979.

When I was a first year improver years ago we were erecting hangers I mean sliding Down being shown by other scaffs that's the way to learn

I agree with you and Gary the question was about law which means tickets, i was taught by old school before tickets came out in 1979.

No Instructor it says what is better nowt about law
( fook i sound like a northerner :laugh: )

I dont agree with Gary or Phil.

(means little to me... i have both qualifications and experience - so im covered both ways), but this aint 1986 any more and if anyone, in the form of a Superior/Supervisor/Manager/Authoritative Figure sent an under qualified Scaffolder, even with 40 years under his belt to do a job and something went wrong, someone is getting their arsed kicked...

As Mark and myself said, LEGALLY you MUST be suitably qualified for the job you do, because if not, accident happened and HSE turned up... you f.ucked. Plain and simple.

IMHO I think the more you have the more you can brag look at me ive got this and that ticket.Dont make you a good scaff in practice only on paper.And also the a mount of money it costs plus lose of wages a lot just cannot afford.

Times have changed Gary due to insurance companies stating erected and dismantled by competent person or policy is VOID. It was not funny sliding down a dropper without even a harness and using your belt to tie yourself to the dropper.

I dont agree with Gary or Phil.

(means little to me... i have both qualifications and experience - so im covered both ways), but this aint 1986 any more and if anyone, in the form of a Superior/Supervisor/Manager/Authoritative Figure sent an under qualified Scaffolder, even with 40 years under his belt to do a job and something went wrong, someone is getting their arsed kicked...

As Mark and myself said, LEGALLY you MUST be suitably qualified for the job you do, because if not, accident happened and HSE turned up... you f.ucked. Plain and simple.

Then your question dont make sense Jason , are you asking us if we know the legal ramifications of employing non ticketed lads or sending lads without the appropriate tickets to do task their tickets dont consider them capable of doing , what has that got to do with experience ?

Tickets don't mean f*uck all these days as you can't fail the courses.

Tickets don't mean f*uck all these days as you can't fail the courses.

Well a couple of years back one of the boys who works for me he done his part 1 in beckton benchmark and one of the lads on there did fail he said,Until then i thought you pay you get ticket.

Top Bottom