Offshore companies??? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sending my CV to good offshore companies CAPES and SALAMIS done can anyone recommend any others???

Stork, not sure about Atlantic Resourcing but they used to supply scaffs years back. Might be worth dropping a line to smaller service companies as well like MacDonald's and Maritime, you never know.

Yeah u can try KFC lol

This just about sums up all that is wrong with the UK and the scaffolding industry today.
Some wet behind the ears greenhorn comes on the forum asking for advice. Advice is given by an experienced, well respected and elderly member. This advice is ridiculed by the greenie who thinks the only MacDonalds in the world is a burger chain.
Bring back national service I say.

Way of the world HSWT, don't sweat it. And less of the fekin elderly.:amuse:

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

For those that have never been further than the bottom of the garden.;)

Oils Department - McDonald Scaffolding

thats gotta be the funniest response to advice being given i've seen in a while!!
aom hows it going? (its sean from sca)

Hey Sean your the guy that started the the long running offshore thread. Did you manage to get a start offshore??

hi tony,
i went off for a couple of trips but unfortunatly not scaffolding.
i'm currently shrinkwrapping and had a couple of jobs offshore for macdonanalds.
i am at the moment weighing up wether to renew my survival and try gettin off scaffin as i hear there will be loads of work this year

Hey thats great Sean, I'm so glad you made it offshore. I myself done a couple of trips but decided it wasn't for me.

yeah i get that mate. it is an aquired route to go and stay in.
took a bit of gettin used to. especially sharing with a complete stranger

thats gotta be the funniest response to advice being given i've seen in a while!!
aom hows it going? (its sean from sca)

Hi Sean, good to hear from you. Hope things are still busy for you, we are still doing our thing.

A little Bird has told me that capes will be requiring 120 scaffs within the next 4 weeks for offshore!

No, not really. We have got a couple on the back burner but trying to explain to some of these numpties the requirement for kentledge, beams and design for these jobs just becomes tiresome after a while. There is a boat builder doing smaller jobs with your sheeting and bent aluminium at a fraction of the cost without design. I did appreciate the time you and your mate spent showing us the ropes though.

How are things going off shore?

we only had a couple of trips offshore last year, fingers crossed we get more. but we're busy at the mo in invergordon and ireland so cant complain.
bent aluminium eh!? sounds interesting...

Yeah, bored into a timber foundation! Might see if I can sneak a couple of pictures get you a look.

Were you sheeting jobs on the rig?

Top Bottom