SSSTS/SMSTS or CISRS Supervisor?

Just spoke to the CITB.
SSSTS is what im gonna do.

Going to book it this afternoon.
Thanks for your help and input everyone. I appreciate it.

I think the SSSTS will be fine
The UKCG are looking to drop the CISRS Scaffold Supervisors as there is no renewal course yet devised, so you may need to do the 5 day course every 5 years!!!!
The SMSTS is really for management
Dont forget you wont need to do the touch screen test if youve had a SSSTS in the last 2 years

Agree with a lot that has been said. Unfortunately the SMSTS will open more doors with less agro. Just remember though, that you will have to carry out a two day refresher every three years for it to remain valid, where as the CISRS Supervisors is for life and just renewed every five years. Although we never know what's round the corner!

I think the SSSTS will be fine
The UKCG are looking to drop the CISRS Scaffold Supervisors as there is no renewal course yet devised, so you may need to do the 5 day course every 5 years!!!!
The SMSTS is really for management
Dont forget you wont need to do the touch screen test if youve had a SSSTS in the last 2 years

Just to revisit this thread it was confirmed at today's NASC regional meeting that as from September it will be necessary to do a 2 day refresher course for any CISRS Supervisor card renewals. This brings the scheme in line with UKCG requirements and matches the SMSTS renewal.

Just to revisit this thread it was confirmed at today's NASC regional meeting that as from September it will be necessary to do a 2 day refresher course for any CISRS Supervisor card renewals. This brings the scheme in line with UKCG requirements and matches the SMSTS renewal.

Did they also propose to make it for scaffolders only mark?

Did they also propose to make it for scaffolders only mark?

Not that I know of (otherwise that would be me knackered :laugh:) CISRS is still resisting pressure to introduce a refresher course for scaffolders cards, but I've no doubt this will come eventually.

Not sure if you can apply for a renewal early, but get your cards renewed before september to avoid the 2 day course for another 5 years

Top Bottom