SSSTS/SMSTS or CISRS Supervisor? (1 Viewer)

J

Jason-Gibbs

Right, afternoon.

Soon, like a few weeks, im looking at getting some kind of Supervisory training. :idea:
I was thinking either SSSTS (maybe SMSTS) or CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor.
Does it matter which??

SSSTS/SMSTS from what ive heard is more generic and more based on regulation, legislative work, then anything specific and CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor is purely about Scaffolding...

What kinda costs are each and how long does each course take?
Which would you say is the better course to have?

Definately the five day scaff supervisor one,which will compliment your advance ticket,though i'll be buggered if i know why non scaffs are allowed on it,did'nt you ask the same question recently??:noworry:;)

That's plus vat though ain't it Mightymouse? I paid £625 plus a weeks loss of wages. You can do the SMSTS 1 day a week for 5 weeks though Jason.

Well i earn £4000 a week, cash in hand, so it'll work out more for me. :nuts:

my SMSTS cost 825 plus loss of wages two PCs have asked for it out of three but CISRS says that supervisor cisrs is equilivent of SMSTS do not know whether PCs See it like that

How closely contested are the CISRS Supervisor and SMSTS course?
They seem similar money and similar duration.

my SMSTS cost 825 plus loss of wages two PCs have asked for it out of three but CISRS says that supervisor cisrs is equilivent of SMSTS do not know whether PCs See it like that

Not much chance of jason working for the pc's,he's going to be working for scaffold company's so the scaff supervisor ticket would more relevant,maybe it's different up north but pc's want the scaff supervisor to have a scaff supervisor ticket,after all that's what it's designed for;)

Like a Scaffold 'Superintendant'?
Ya, ill have to learn my trade as a Supervisor first... knocking the men and blaming all my mistakes on everyone else. ;)

What would be better to get as an allround qualification?
SMSTS then?, use it for both Principle Contractor work and Scaffolding Supervisor?

Whats a PC?

We live in a world of acronyms. Some meetings are full of people spouting them. I am sure most at the meetings myself included have absolutely no idea what they stand for. Some are obvious but many could have several connotations.
PMT for instance.....Pre Menstrual Tension or Project Management Team??? or are both closely connected??

Like a Scaffold 'Superintendant'?
Ya, ill have to learn my trade as a Supervisor first... knocking the men and blaming all my mistakes on everyone else. ;)

What would be better to get as an allround qualification?
SMSTS then?, use it for both Principle Contractor work and Scaffolding Supervisor?

I've only done the scaffs one as that's relevant to my trade and i'm not likely to be working for a pc and trying to tell chippy's and brickie's and all the other trades how to do their job any time soon,lol

The way PCs see the SSSTS SMSTS more for temporary works GE-700 books
Site manger 3men or more under his belt
site supervisor up to 3 men

I do not know what they class a CISRS supervisor

Don't know what the fuc.k you are all on about. PC...Principal Contractor ie:Skanska, Bovis etc have asked specifically that myself and numerous other lads I know had to have SMSTS to run the job. NOT look after other trades or be a site agent. Think something has been lost in translation there. Maybe some accept the Scaff supervisor but not when specifically asked for SMSTS.

If the PC (Principal Contractor) is a member of the UKCG (UK Contractors Group), ie. most of the major's, Wates, Kier, Balfour Beatty, etc. then they accept the CISRS Supervisor card as being the equivalent of the SMSTS 5 day course.

If they aren't UKCG members, then they could insist on the SMSTS instead, but they'd have to be bloody pedantic to do so.

Most of the CISRS trainers offer the Supervisor course spread over 5 weeks as well, so it's the one I would recommend.

Top Bottom