TG 20 and aluminium mobiles

There is no height to base ratio on a tube and fitting towers( The load charts in the TG 20 are at a width of 1200 mm only that why the re-write is on going)

Manufacturer recommendation or guidance notes for the system you are using,The TG 20 does not come into it.

TG 20 says a mobile tower erected inside should not exceed 3.5 times the smallest base dimension (instructor is right by saying the smallest allowable dimension is 1200.) Aluminium mobile towers (as long as they conform to european standards ) are down to manufacturers specifications but generally 10 metre to working platform.

EG. If you had a steel t&f mobile 2x2 the working platform should be at 7m max. Whereas an ally tower generally 2.4x 1.2 can be 10m if the manufacturer says so. If TG20 was applied to ally towers max height would be 4.2m.
TG20 section 24.8 states that height to base ratios do not apply to aluminium towers as ally is lighter.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Manufacturer recommendation or guidance notes for the system you are using,The TG 20 does not come into it.

I know that, you know that but these idiots just cant see it. They think TG20 covers all.

The problem in the middle and far east every one thinks the TG 20 is the bible. The standard that covers mobile towers is BSEN 1004:2004 not TG 20

TG 20 says a mobile tower erected inside should not exceed 3.5 times the smallest base dimension (instructor is right by saying the smallest allowable dimension is 1200.) Aluminium mobile towers (as long as they conform to european standards ) are down to manufacturers specifications but generally 10 metre to working platform.

EG. If you had a steel t&f mobile 2x2 the working platform should be at 7m max. Whereas an ally tower generally 2.4x 1.2 can be 10m if the manufacturer says so. If TG20 was applied to ally towers max height would be 4.2m.
TG20 section 24.8 states that height to base ratios do not apply to aluminium towers as ally is lighter.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I know that, you know that but these idiots just cant see it. They think TG20 covers all.

but would you erect a ally tower 10m with out the use of the our riggers? and maby with the use of the out riggers it makes the base height around 2.8m which will give you the 10m in height with out the out rigger then surley tg20 /manufactures quidance would be around the same height

Then you are covered by TG20 as its not prefabricated!!

And marra i would erect according to the manufacturers guidelines which generally include the outriggers.

Isnt ally towers a seperate course from CISRS? It used to be a good few years ago. And I can remember contractors not letting advanced scaffs knock up an ally tower unless they had done a half day course. I was one of those soldiers lol

Top Bottom