Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: work at height regs

Thanks

fools in suits are the biggest burden when it comes to this topic. take a step back and take a proper look at what is going on!!!!*********

2. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon For This Useful Post:

Gaz (3rd October 2011)

Thanks

Well named – Babooooooon!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to STUMPY For This Useful Post:

tonys (9th August 2014)

Thanks

j

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joe mcevoy For This Useful Post:

scaff369 (16th October 2010)

Thanks

Well said Superscaff75,

The Construction Industry, Unfortunately is run by QS's these days and Principle Contractors want West End Scaffolds at East End Prices. Clients allocate budgets for all temporary works but this is scaled down by profiteering PC's who use cost cutting measures to make the job commercially viable. Unfortunately the cost cutting measures attract sub-standard companies and sub-standard work. Covering 50mm gaps in working platforms to reduce and/or eliminate risks is a foreign language.
    Market forces eliminate safety with the blinkered few!! If only they could see and were not blinded by short term greed!!

Thanks

Well said stumpy.

XxIANxX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    fools in suits are the biggest burden when it comes to this topic. take a step back and take a proper look at what is going on!!!!*********
    What is going on !!!!!!!! maybe you should take a step back from a great height

10. The Following User Says Thank You to XxIANxX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ive used a product very similar to scaffgap and found it really awkward to get onto brand new boards. The product i used was a H shape.
    Nothing is certain, but death and taxes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Ive used a product very similar to scaffgap and found it really awkward to get onto brand new boards. The product i used was a H shape.
    if its the stuff we used to use gaz its rubbish it bows and causes a trip hazzard most time the boards dont fit wether there new or olde if there walped which most boards are exspecially building sites boards you end up bagging nails down the edges which defeats the object as for using it again no chance!!!
    harp stays sharpe to the bottom of the glass!! if you can remember that your old too

Thanks

We used the stuff for cape and it was s***t so they made us use plywood so there is ur answer ply wood is best to use

Thanks

hi SuperScaff75,

Sorry for the delayed response. i totally agree with you. PC's are very quick at demanding this and that, I wont I won't but do not want to pay for anything....A West End Scaffold for an East End Price! I sat in a meeting called by a major contractor with 14 prominent scaffold firm Directors. The PC did not know I was the Director of scaffGap Ltd, I stayed quiet. The main topic of the supplier meeting was closing gaps on working platforms. The presenter introduced ScaffGap to the meeting, I remained silent. There was a common acknowledgement by all that the product was good, some had used it. One Director commented to the PC, "who is going to pay for ScaffGap", purchasing and fitting? the PC said price didnt come into it. The PC was virtually telling everyone they must close the 50mm gap on all their scaffolds. I then revealed I was the Director of scaffGap, to the amusement of some of the Directors who knew me! A debate followed over the quality of ScaffGap and price. I informed the meeting that ScaffGap was made cheaper to the end user by making the version thinner, the meeting asked if a stronger more durable version could be made. the meeting sat three months later, I had re-tooled - manufactured a heavy duty version of ScaffGap and presented this to the meeting with a nice gift box for all meeting attendee's. The upshot of it all still came back to price and laying costs on. One Scaffold Director told the PC to buy it themselves and the scaffold companies would fit it. The debate still goes on.
    I know a few companies that when tendering for work produce a shopping list of add-on's;
    Soft - wrap
    lights
    ladder gates
    heras fencing

All safety products

At a cost, of course!!

Everyone agrees ScaffGap is a cost effective working solution for scaffold platforms, getting companies to put their hands in their pockets is an entirely different problem.
    I can report that ScaffGap is doing quite well, holding its own. It use has grown over time and some companies are regular buyers. There is a lot of repeat orders and works for many companies by demonstrating their commitment to safe working practices, sometimes winning them jobs. Since ScaffGap's initial concept to todays circumstance I can honestly say it has been a roller coaster journey that I have remained focused and true throughout. to invent and market a product is not for the faint hearted, I have enjoyed the journey albeit sometimes in the face of adversity. At the end of the day, come rain or shine, if ScaffGap saves one life then the tireless effort over the years would have been worthwhile. Having investigated many scaffold accidents and experienced first hand; the traumatic consequences any accident brings, my passion is somewhat biased!

John houlihan CMIOSH

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john houlihan For This Useful Post:

HatterScaff (30th April 2013), max (6th February 2015)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast