Scaffolding gates (1 Viewer)

scaffdar

Reaction score
Good Morning, how are we enjoying this weather:weird: ?

I'm building our H&S MS structured towards OHSAS 18001 and happened to ask our suppliers for manufacturers instruction for our yellow safety gates (Not the more recent ones which can be alternated either way up, the slightly older ones). We've all got them, self-closing on 2 springs with 2 tabs against a square post to stop them opening outwards and a single thicker tab on the actual gate to catch a dropper/ dead man. Does anyone actually have the manufacturers details so I could get in touch please? or even better email me a copy? Oh and a final, hopefully helpful warning, these chinese gates with no BS EN number or EU marking could land you in hot water should something happen, it hasn't caught us out but it's the driver behind this request. Thanks for reading and all the best during this weather - stay safe

I must admit, I haven't got them I just never bothered asking but I suppose I could ask easy enough but not sure how much it would help you as they will be from a different manufacturer to the one's you have.

I take it you have had a failure?

Hi AOM, no, quite the opposite - an over zealous elf' n safety muppet raising issues that don't that exist. The typical example of why people dislike H&S, an over opionated under educated individual. However, any instruction from manufacturers you do have would be appreciated. I will PM you my email, many thanks.

Ah, unbelievable how many of these muppets run the show now.

Mine come from Generation but I will forward what ever I can get.

At the end of the day you have traceability back to your supplier,if their was to be an incident then the buck would travel beyond us,would'nt it??:wondering:

Has anyone actually seen anything written on paper to stipulate that these gates (or the ladder hatches) need to be part of the scaffolding structure. We've been using them for quite some time, but I cant seem to remember seeing anything anywhere. Nothing in our smart scaffolder about it either ?? Just a thought.

Gates are just best practice as far as i know,as long as no one is exposed to an open edge then you can just send your top handrail over the gap but that does wind them up hence the insistence on gates;)

Gates are just best practice as far as i know,as long as no one is exposed to an open edge then you can just send your top handrail over the gap but that does wind them up hence the insistence on gates;)

We seem to have to spend a lot of money to not wind some little f##**er of an agent up though it seems to me Steve, what with the gates, hatches, brickguards, netting and so on. It soon mount up when you have a few hundred of each at £20:00 to £40:00 a piece.

We seem to have to spend a lot of money to not wind some little f##**er of an agent up though it seems to me Steve, what with the gates, hatches, brickguards, netting and so on. It soon mount up when you have a few hundred of each at £20:00 to £40:00 a piece.

Oh i know,they even request such and such a gate and this type of loading bay gate,always the dearest on the market,and we want plastic brickguards,two hundred on each block and at nearly four quid a pop,you're lucky if the job pays for the brickguards,and you get to site and their chucked on the deck with the machine driving all over them:mad::mad:

Oh i know,they even request such and such a gate and this type of loading bay gate,always the dearest on the market,and we want plastic brickguards,two hundred on each block and at nearly four quid a pop,you're lucky if the job pays for the brickguards,and you get to site and their chucked on the deck with the machine driving all over them:mad::mad:

Maddening sometimes mate:nuts::nuts:

Top Bottom