Agency crap

1969scaff

Reaction score
Saw this in the jobs section:19 x Scaffolders urgently required for a local dock project, All applicants must be SG410, CISRS part 2 or above. Ongoing contract with a minimum of 12 months for the right candidates. All applicants must also provide two checkable references. Candidates must also have own PPE.Couple of questions applicants must be SG410?Are these agencies just quoting these without knowing what SG410 is?I have been instructed on how to work to SG410 useing the step system but have no proof of it.Also why would you have to provide your own PPE? Surely that's down to them? Not really clued up on agencies maybe someone can shed some light on the matter.

I never agreed with it but it is common practice for short duration agency work to ask the men to supply their own ppe. How they control the quality or testing compliance is anyone's guess but I would reckon they have a get out clause a mile long.

The SG4:10 thing is simple enough and perfectly reasonable. We train our boy's and certify them to say so. Again, I personally think that agencies have a damp cheek to ask for it but refuse to train any men in any shape or form but that's just me.

My previous experience of agency rep's is they know very little about our trade ( with a small no of exceptions). I have had agencies contact me for QS positions and one of the questions asked was 'can I deliver the project on time and within budget'. A stupid question to someone who by definition has no direct influence on the projects programme. Generally the employer gives a wish list that cannot be fulfilled by any one person.

My previous experience of agency rep's is they know very little about our trade ( with a small no of exceptions). I have had agencies contact me for QS positions and one of the questions asked was 'can I deliver the project on time and within budget'. A stupid question to someone who by definition has no direct influence on the projects programme. Generally the employer gives a wish list that cannot be fulfilled by any one person.

I had a call about being a scaffold trainer, guy had no idea that you needed an advanced for 5 years to be even considered.

Top Bottom