Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need help with AutoCAD and how to design Scaffolding with it !

Thanks

No worries mate. When you get a bit more confident with it, see if you can grab an old design and then try to reproduce it. Then you'll be a Jedi lol

Sent from my Fembot4000 using Tapatalk

Thanks

What i still dont understand is, the very first thing you have to do is draaw a rectangle for instance. So i click on the screen, drag the line to make a triangle and then let go of the left mouse button..........But the rectange vanishes !! Is it not supposed to stay there so you can see it ?

Thanks

You have to hit enter twice or right click twice. One click to confirm the dimensions and the next click to confirm the position. After you press the button or type REC, if you then press D you can enter the dimensions rather than eying it in.

Sent from my Fembot4000 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick-CDS For This Useful Post:

Kevin Smith (9th April 2013)

Thanks

Polyline & cirlcle.
    Always a pleasure, Never a chore.

Thanks

I Nick and Clayton, nice thread and very helpful tips for CAD. I have been playing around wit this too. I even called our design engineer for...what I called scaffold templates but now I know they are called blocks anyhow he wasn't as helpful as you Nick lol I guess its job protection :/ Clayton pm me I have some step by step training vids for CAD if you want them, very useful I just dont find enough time to watch them and play. Would love the blocks to and keep the thread going with more useful tips guys

Thanks

The only CAD blocks I give out are ones I've produced in my own time. I don't think any company would be happy with an employee giving away things they've had to pay for.

Any help you need mate, just ask

Thanks

I myself just started using CAD and found a free program that has blocks. Had to use 3D though. One of my mates knows cad quite well, so made it easy. Scaffolding Software - Home Page

Thanks

I use Autocad 2006 and some customers like to see what the job is going to look like(makes a bit of an impression).All the blocks iv,e done myself from scratch and are easy to do.The problem lies in that every scaffold is different, height,width, you name it.It can be a nightmare sometimes. The other thing is don't go into fine detail on the drawings. if you have only a A4 printer all your hard work will not be seen. Try and invest in a large format printer/plotter so you can detail using A1 and A0 paper size.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clayson View Post
    Hi chaps,

I am have just got myself a copy of AutoCAD and i need to know what software to use with it in order to design scaffolding.

Any tips ??

Thanks in advance.
    We have free blocks and functionality available for AutoCAD, take a look here: https://smartscaffolder.com/our-prod...dules/draw-it/

I hope that helps.

Sam

Thanks

Hi just jumping on this thread. I'm looking to purchase autocad for doing scaffold designs. Is there a specific one to buy if so where from? If not then just a link to somewhere to purchase it. I've seen a couple online and it's about £600 but I wasn't sure if this was the correct one as I thought it was a lot more expensive than that?! Also I'd be interested in some blocks if people are willing to share 😉 and I will no doubt be back here for a bit of friendly advice. 😁

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast