Need help with AutoCAD and how to design Scaffolding with it ! (2 Viewers)

No worries mate. When you get a bit more confident with it, see if you can grab an old design and then try to reproduce it. Then you'll be a Jedi lol

Sent from my Fembot4000 using Tapatalk

What i still dont understand is, the very first thing you have to do is draaw a rectangle for instance. So i click on the screen, drag the line to make a triangle and then let go of the left mouse button..........But the rectange vanishes !! Is it not supposed to stay there so you can see it ?

You have to hit enter twice or right click twice. One click to confirm the dimensions and the next click to confirm the position. After you press the button or type REC, if you then press D you can enter the dimensions rather than eying it in.

Sent from my Fembot4000 using Tapatalk

I Nick and Clayton, nice thread and very helpful tips for CAD. I have been playing around wit this too. I even called our design engineer for...what I called scaffold templates but now I know they are called blocks :) anyhow he wasn't as helpful as you Nick lol I guess its job protection :/ Clayton pm me I have some step by step training vids for CAD if you want them, very useful I just dont find enough time to watch them and play. Would love the blocks to and keep the thread going with more useful tips guys ;)

The only CAD blocks I give out are ones I've produced in my own time. I don't think any company would be happy with an employee giving away things they've had to pay for.

Any help you need mate, just ask :)

I use Autocad 2006 and some customers like to see what the job is going to look like(makes a bit of an impression).All the blocks iv,e done myself from scratch and are easy to do.The problem lies in that every scaffold is different, height,width, you name it.It can be a nightmare sometimes. The other thing is don't go into fine detail on the drawings. if you have only a A4 printer all your hard work will not be seen. Try and invest in a large format printer/plotter so you can detail using A1 and A0 paper size.

Hi just jumping on this thread. I'm looking to purchase autocad for doing scaffold designs. Is there a specific one to buy if so where from? If not then just a link to somewhere to purchase it. I've seen a couple online and it's about £600 but I wasn't sure if this was the correct one as I thought it was a lot more expensive than that?! Also I'd be interested in some blocks if people are willing to share 😉 and I will no doubt be back here for a bit of friendly advice. 😁

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Hi just jumping on this thread. I'm looking to purchase autocad for doing scaffold designs. Is there a specific one to buy if so where from? If not then just a link to somewhere to purchase it. I've seen a couple online and it's about £600 but I wasn't sure if this was the correct one as I thought it was a lot more expensive than that?! Also I'd be interested in some blocks if people are willing to share 😉 and I will no doubt be back here for a bit of friendly advice. 😁

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Hi, we have some free blocks that work with AutoCAD/AutoCAD Light 2017 and 2018. Hope that helps!

Thanks Sam.
Do you know of any sites I can purchase autocad and the thought cost of it?

Brilliant thanks. Last question, is the lite version adequate enough for doing scaffold designs. Dont want to fork out for a year or so's subscription on the full version if the lite would be suffice.

Brilliant thanks. Last question, is the lite version adequate enough for doing scaffold designs. Dont want to fork out for a year or so's subscription on the full version if the lite would be suffice.

No problem. The Lite version will be fine, the two main differences are no 3D and it does not work with 3rd party software.

Hi guys back again. I've been doing some reading and have seen about some software that calculates bending moments for beam work as well as sag hog etc. Do you know the name of this software, if it's any good and how expensive it is??
Thanks in advance again for any help.

Top Bottom