Flying shore diagram cisrs advanced

You put a camber in the ledgers Marra its 1 inch for every 20 foot in length
That drawing was 30 foot long so we had to put the middle 1/12 inchs higher then when you strike the temporary scaffold it settles

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Iam not sure Fred thats what they taught us , any shore would need to be designed now a days

and that achived by runnong formthe center and leveling left anf righ and dropping the doubble down the lenght to the 1.12th inch over each side ?

You just level the ledgers as you normally would , then just lift the ledgers up the 1/12 inchs in the middle on the temporary standards , then erect all the bracing and puncheons etc etc , then just open the temporary doubles and it will settle

phill your olde school like me ive been doing the spin for 27 yrs and never done one mate you no your stuff mate the same as me and many others shame we have to bow down to the new regs now and again respect phill we wont change the game now!!!! but we had fun when scaffolders were scaffolders

You just level the ledgers as you normally would , then just lift the ledgers up the 1/12 inchs in the middle on the temporary standards , then erect all the bracing and puncheons etc etc , then just open the temporary doubles and it will settle

i know what the next vids gonna be phill lol

phill your olde school like me ive been doing the spin for 27 yrs and never done one mate you no your stuff mate the same as me and many others shame we have to bow down to the new regs now and again respect phill we wont change the game now!!!! but we had fun when scaffolders were scaffolders

Some of us still do dico ;), they can say what they want my lads learn the game the real way , the way we learnt it.

Hello would you send the drawing to me please my name is Sean convery from jarrow been scaffolding 16 year and doing my advanced scaffolding course in march the 25th at Nate training tee side hear is my email Seanconverysafc@hotmail.co.uk

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Thank you four sending that's to to me

flying shore

alright mate,ive been scaffolding for 36 years and i have never even seen a flying shore so i wouldnt think about it to much

I did the same at UTN, but they no longer run CISRS courses. Take my ht off to the tutor though, Rob Nichols - top guy. Never saw a flying shaw before or since, and googling examples brings up about 3-4 jobs. Rare

There's a very rusty one near Forth in Scotland, I think they can't strip it. Looks good
Next time I pass it I'll take a snap of it.

Built ours on top of the Towers Calc the Camber etc, then the Assessor checked the drawing for correct config.couldnt strike the towers to test it out though, as there was feck all at either end of the shore,to shore too. They dont do them anymore!!!!!!!!

Here is my Snap of a flying shore built at Bircham Newton around 2007 - 2008 The Advanced Class was run by the late great Phil Harwood 27 yrs as a Scaffolding Instructor, Safe to say he knew a thing or two. You'll see this snap on a few P/points, all saying the same thing its a form of tie / formwork, To me its a work of art in tube and fit.

What do you think?

Who said tube and fit is Scaffs mans magic?

Attachments

• FlyingShore.jpg
    FlyingShore.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 27
Flyer

That's me in orange hat at front, 8 of us on course only 4 put up n took down that shore, other 4 didn't know where to look after cup lock independent went up first lol I wasn't going to miss out. Lee Mayer n his mate from GY whose name I forget n a quality kid from Leeds. Only 5 bays this shore though, I'm impressed with tht 7 bay at bircham

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 16
Just realised at that point on the pic it were jus an independent lol :p:p:p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom