PTS course

wizzing1

Reaction score
Alright lads I've got the chance to do the pts course in jan! Is there much work and what's the average wage for pts work! Ive got to pay £489 for medicals d and a and course! Just didn't want to be paying nearly 500 sheets out if il not be using card!

Do it mate, I earned £78k last year doing PTS, I'm on £59k already this year and April is 4 months away yet. Loads of PTS work around the country don't worry about that.

how do u get ur pts card??? living in east london and want to get booked on asap but ive heard u have to be sponsored??? any help :)

Cheers im from leicester do u no of any work for pts near me ?

HS2 is High Speed 2, it's a brand new railway they are doing from London(euston station) to Manchester via Birmingham, then eventually up to Scotland. £17 billion job, it's got the green light already from the government, so it's defo gonna happen.
Just in case your wondering, HS1 is the Eurostar from London(St. Pancras) to Paris, via the channel tunnel obviously.

it's highly unlikely you'll need a PTS for the HS2. due to the scale and size of the project, they will probably designate it as a construction site, meaning you won't need a PTS card. They are doing Blackfriars bridge without the need for PTS.

I've just done my PTS and can't help wondering if it's a bit of a scam by these training companies to boost their profits at a quiet time of year. At one time it was really hard to get one, now they seem to be getting thrown around like confetti. Only time will tell I suppose.

I don't know who told you, you don't need PTS on blackfriars, because you do,
i was on that job, and needed mine, so your info is a little wrong there fella.

got my pts im in london got any numbers for work mighty mouse cheers

Loads of station upgrade and bridge stengthening work across th UK, really good time to get the card. cheers

I don't know who told you, you don't need PTS on blackfriars, because you do,
i was on that job, and needed mine, so your info is a little wrong there fella.

I've worked with a lot of blokes, one who was on Blackfriars for over a year, and never had a PTS. some of the blokes on there have actually had to put themselves through it.

It depended what part of the job they were on, just put a few through it, a few others are at London Bridge and others will be starting at Glasgow Queen Street, Leeds and a lot of bridge contracts across the UK, 180 for Medical and 460 for course is steep, can get weekned medical for 139 and weekend course for 348

Yeah not all blackfriars was PTS,
but why do you think they put themselves through the PTS course,
its because when you did PTS work on blackfriars,
you got the extra money,
so to earn the good money you want your PTS.
I was on there for ages, I know how it works,
I'm on another PTS job now just over the water,
probably the biggest PTS job in London at the moment.
Earning good money again.

Top Bottom