Calling all impact wrench users (1 Viewer)

REDSKYSCAFFOLDING

Reaction score
All impact wrench users need help just wanna know when i buy the wrench is there anything else i need to get ie what size socket needed etc many thanks

I think it's the 80mm socket we have but make sure you get the right type for whichever IW you have. We tried to run a Makita with a Hilti and it wasn't pretty.

Also if you are getting the wrench, dont make the mistake to buy Milwaukee unless you live near a dealer.
I have one under warranty, but after sending in countless email and phone calls to which I havent even received an answer I have discovered that the only place that services the tool is 200 miles away in Kent.
I would recommend the Hilti or Makita if you were to buy one.
As for sockets, I think its the 80mm you need.
What make of tool is it mate?

r these impact wrenches for use with normal 21mm fittings? just wondering y u would want an 80mm socket

Impact wrench

Anyone also know of a good cheap iw as i dont wanna spend a fortune an i dont get on with it lol:)

Anyone also know of a good cheap iw as i dont wanna spend a fortune an i dont get on with it lol:)

Try durofix impact wrench £190 comes with 2 ion fast charge batteries plus 0.4 kg lighter than average I w and u also get a light pack and case had mine nearley 12 month but only use it to strip on weekends so not too sure how it would cope being used 5-6 days a week flat out hope this helps

Cheap is usually poor in my opinion. Not all will agree but I would stick with the main makes and models so you have a bit of piece of mind. The hilti rental sounds fair enough at only a few quid a week.

Good wrenches arent cheap.
Cheap wrenches are no good for heavy duty scaffolding with frequent use.
You could always hire one from Hilti for around four quid week if you are not sure then purchase one at a later date if you wish.

Hilti rental is a 2year contract
Visit your local Hilti centre they may let you try one for a few days

Yeah the hilti rental sounds good to me how do i go about that many thanks

hilti can be found all over the country, contact them and they will come to your place of work. as been said already, they will give you one for a day or two to try out first. £20.75 per month inc vat plus a deposit refundable after 2years

Impact wrench

The hilti rental sounds good could someone tell me how i go about getting one many thanks

FFS G-scaff, you would near as well buy the thing at that rate. I do see the benefit to hiring but just prefer buying the thing.

Top Bottom