offshore work?? (1 Viewer)

looking to get offshore if there ls any work coming up let us know

i will give cape a call tomoz (again) they must get p###ed off with me calling lol
you dont try you dont get

yeh mate nothing about, 10 years with r.b.g and i cant get anything but been told it will improve as we move to the end of month

hi all scaffs
trying to get into the offshore section any contacts or info would be appreciated

stay safe clip on

Very quiete just now for offshore my freind but get your survival and medical and post CV to: cape,R.B.G,salamis,hertel,macdonalds then keep phoning them till they give you a start.

if youre struggling to get a start offshore its because companies are only starting men with MIST ( minimum industry safety training ) . its basically just a money making scam . its a 2 or 3 day course for abou £300 or a 1 dayer if your already employed by an offshore company . also alot of the companies are only getting workers who have got a working at height competency qualification as it is being put into contracts from the clients . there are men on salamis , rbgs books who cant get onto a platform without these certificates so what chance do you you reckon you've got without them ?? apparently all offshore employees have to have this traingin this year

your rite fella it is only a momey making scam.a mate of mine who has never been offshore but has all his certs was told not to bother rinigng salamis again till he had his mist cert as he would not get a start..but on capes they do not seemed that bothered if you have it or not. was told by hr dept that if it was required then being employed by capes they would put me through it.as they have told my mate who is now just waiting for a job to come up with capes offshore..
not that we are going any wer at the moment with all this sh!t with this ash cloud..no choppers lifting any wer...got to feel for the lads who are stuck out there..

yeah i suppose you do have to feel for them but im stuck at home and getting paid so its good for me !! been told this morning that i wont be going anywhere until at least wednesday and then i might be sat in aberdeen . i cant speak for capes but salamis are sticking to their guns on this

At least salamis are telling you whats going on. As usual RBG phone lines are just ringing? Then they'll ring last thing today and expect u to drop whatever your doing. Ive just heard of the platform there thinking about sending the lads to the shetlands by boat????

Cheers jonzy, do u know any companys doin MIST??
And wots a working at height qualification?
Does my scaff card not qualify me?

Sean

working at height is basically an abseiler telling you the do's and donts of working at eight then getting told everything hes showing you is impractical and useless be every scaffolder sat there ! the fella we had was trying to tell us we should be clipped on at our chest instead of our back and you can imagine how that went down !salamis do a working at height course at their training school in aberdeen . RBG use the same training school sometimes so im guessing they would recognise the certificate . im not sure who does the mist course but its an opito course so maybe where you did your survival would be a good place to start

Top Bottom