offshore work?? (1 Viewer)

I know for a fact that Cape are looking for scaffs just now!
Hi thebigchap, do you know if they take on unexpereinced rigg workers, got all the certificates ,sent cv to them yesterday and they gave me the Australia website swillybilly.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Still trying myself, no joy yet!

To anyone who keeps getting the old you need experience offshore, just tell them youve been offshore for 1 of the other firms and name 1 of their rigs, they dont check up and if they ask you your vantage number you lost it, should get a start with any of the big three companies this time of year but be prepared to get messed about from piller to post then get laid off come sept/oct and the money isnt as good as you think, the only upside is if your lucky enough to get 2 weeks off and be settled on a platform for a few trips you can work the 2 weeks off at home for some extra cash!

Talking about getting messed about ive been downmanned from the rig ive been on for the last year becauase of a shortage of bed space, so instead of paying us full pay for the 2weeks they instead downmanned us, meaning only half rig rate at only 8hours over only 5 days, then today told im being put on the at risk list meaning im being put on notice, then 15 mins later I get a call can I go to the forties alpha, i said when, they said in the moring, lol they phone me at 5pm and want me in aberdeen to go offshore in the morning! Bloody joke!

who are you with Tetchy. That happened to me a few years back but was put on a retainer while i was onshore 9 days full 12 hour pay GIFT its a bit quite just now tho

Im with RBG, ive been bed busted and downmanned from other rigs and been paid full pay but Im not sure if its just the rig or the outfit, they just dont want to pay a bloody penny, best of it is I got another call and they want us back on the rig ive just been downmanned from to fall back into my normal crewchange, and they want us to fly out on saturday or maybe monday morning

to be honest you will get f""ked about by all three of them, dont matter who you work for out in the north sea. but it is par for the course of being out there..been messed about countless times about check-in time and traveling up. worked for all three of them in aberdeen and would say rbg are the worse but with the most scaffs on and the worse hr dept what would you exspect.

fingers,legs and gonads crossed ..hopefully i have just landed a cracking job abroad so wont have to put up with it for much longer

RBG are looking for men- 01224 722 888 they need men for the rig im on. Ring HR and Mention North Alwyn good luck.

Offshore query????

Alright Lads,

Im heading offshore next week. Can anyone tell what is the max weight limit you can take in your bag onto the helicopter????

Normally mate around 12.5KG each bag, 2 bags max. One for PPE and other for you.

Ive been asked to give the email address to the project manager to anyone who wants a start. PM if you want the email address. Remember RBG do mandatory drug screening just a heads up lads.

offshore work

hi guts im finding it very difficult to get offshore done the mist ,medical ,pan euro.like banging your head against a brick wall .frustrated scaff

That sounda about right, you won't need much personal gear offshore, laundry out there anyway.. 1 bag should do you ok..

Craig.

Hi Barnsey my e/mail address is lindsayjones@blueyonder.co.uk ,

waiting for a call from the girls in the office!

Thanks Swillybilly

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Hi Barnsey, girls in office really hard to get hold of i have spoken to one who said they would ring back at 1pm, as yet no call, i am working in Plymouth Devonport Dockyard at the moment and its difficult to keep phoning while working...... my wife is keeping an eye on your reply's, i am really eager to get on the Rig. cheers fingers crossed, the wife !

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Hi Barnsey my e/mail address is lindsayjones@blueyonder.co.uk ,

waiting for a call from the girls in the office!

Thanks Swillybilly

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Hi Barnsey, girls in office really hard to get hold of i have spoken to one who said they would ring back at 1pm, as yet no call, i am working in Plymouth Devonport Dockyard at the moment and its difficult to keep phoning while working...... my wife is keeping an eye on your reply's, i am really eager to get on the Rig. cheers fingers crossed, the wife !
Sorry this is THE WIFE again, Will's mobile no is 07717217589 if you want to phone him.

rbg

Hi Mate
phoned rbg 3 times today no luck as of yet
My Mobile Number 07592807889
Email natho79@btinternet.com
All Cert Upto Date And Ready For Immediate Start Mate

Just heard today for any lads without survival's and medicals RBG have put a few people through them but you have too pay back out of your wages if you leave before they let you go. Worth a try i think.

Top Bottom