offshore work??

Hey guys RGB are not taking on at the moment

Try Capes : 01224 763800 ask for Meegan or Mike Baxter in Recruitment. They phoned me on Monday for trip out on the Tuesday, but I had to cancel at the last minute due to commitments that came up at home. Give them a phone mate,you might get lucky. You got a CV in with the big 3, you got to keep phoning them every day..xmas coming up too, you might get the sweet phone call for xmas trip.:bigsmile:

Thanks mate will call right away, Who are you referring to with the big 3? I have been working in Holland in the Dutch sector of the North sea and not worked in the UK sector before.

Big 3: Capes, RBG and BIS Salamis. Get your CV in with them. Who were you with out in the Dutch sector, I was out there a few months ago with Cape..Staying on the Seafox 2 jack-up along side Totals K6 c/p... was a sh*t hole,grub was crap too. Let me know how you get on mate...Good luck!!

I know it's not best time of year to get offshore work but have just about completed my bosiet and mist and medical . Where is my best chance of getting a job offshore ? Am I best with agencies to start with ? If so which agency ?any advice would be much appreciated thanks

This could actually be a good time with the locals all ducking and diving to make sure there home for Christmas, as long as your willing to give up your Yuletide.

I know it's not best time of year to get offshore work but have just about completed my bosiet and mist and medical . Where is my best chance of getting a job offshore ? Am I best with agencies to start with ? If so which agency ?any advice would be much appreciated thanks

I got to agree with AOM here,there will be guys looking to skip doing their crimbo trip and get the time off to be at home( Don't blame them, done it myself in the past). So your best bet is to get your CV into:Capes,RBG and Salamis(Sharpish), and tell them that you are available for work and if you are willing to work over Xmas and New year period let them know. Good luck mate.

Yeh its worth a try, but lets see if you still want to work christmas and new year in 3-4 years time when you havent seen your kids open there presents on christmas morning for 3 years and your wife and kids are crying at the train station because they dont want you to go back and work another christmas, hence i will will just jack if they try to make me work again this year, and it makes no difference weather you have holidays in or not!

Thanks for the replys , finish my course Friday and will have cv typed up by Saturday and sent away

Alright Lads,
Have you tried MacDonalds as there is a few rigs in up at Invergordon i believe.

I just finshed working up in Invergordon on-shore , its a start to the end now . Me and 50 other were laid off night shift. was gd while it lasted got 4 and a half weeks out it. Its cape that have the contract.

Yeh its worth a try, but lets see if you still want to work christmas and new year in 3-4 years time when you havent seen your kids open there presents on christmas morning for 3 years and your wife and kids are crying at the train station because they dont want you to go back and work another christmas, hence i will will just jack if they try to make me work again this year, and it makes no difference weather you have holidays in or not!

That doesn't bother me my wife and daughter are Budhists and they dont celebrate christmas, but i'll be having christmas off anyway. Ha Ha

thats all cape up there, even though people are saying there laying off i spoke to them about 4 weeks ago and they offered me a job so give them a try

Im currently offshore in Holland, but i do not think the bosiet taken in UK covers working outside the uUK sector, anybody know? I have Norwegian cert and think was one of the last to take it in the UK 2Yrs ago.

Does anybody know which company is involved in the offshore work in Blackpool with all that gas they have found? Know there taking local labour first but dont know who is taking them, anybody know?????????????

i may be wrong but the gas they have found is shale gas and the work is on shore dont know any more

Or8 lads in need of some help thinking of doin my survival but just wonderin how much roughly it is a trip for 2 on 2 off or 3 on 2 off. And whats it like on the rigs? Heard that cape,salamis,and rbg got loads on next year or is this ******** you here every year. Cheers

Ive always wanted to work offshore.
Its one of the only things ive got left to do, in this game if you know what i mean.

The money, what ive been told was pukka, but slowly its been going down a bit, year by year.
Depending on where you live, you might as well earn as much onshore on a Powerstation/Oil Refinery.

Im not 100% sure but ive been told that its about £750 a week or so.
(I got big ears and an even bigger mouth, lol)

But i have NEVER worked offshore, so some of the other guys will more then likely tell you different.

I passed my survival and took me £2500 and 2yrs hard graft to finally get offshore. Better if you know some one offshore you have more of a chance.

Am working on power stations now clearing between £600-£800. But wanted to go offshore for the experience and the money but for what a read on here some lads make it sound like **** money and basicly impossible to get offshore... And that the only good thing is that you get away from the wife and doing the dishes!!! Lads saying they get offerd 18months work then get fcukd of after 1 trip...

off shore rate

offshore rate from rigs Yarmouth Norfolk is around 1400 after tax.
thats around 20quid an hour i think but i have not done any off there for a while. i am on the barges now and i dont have to pay tax :) so we get more

Top Bottom