Hand rail height

aidennixon

Reaction score
Hi ive just had a word from my boss about the height of my guard rails on job.Hes telling me that it should be 1mtr high with the midrail at 500mm.Now i know this correct but what im saying to him that if i also have a kick board the the midrail can be halfway as in a bubble down as this reduces the gap a creates less of a gap and hazard.Am i correct all will i have to change my ways.

Fraid ya boss is right
your way even looks better
but the hse say when toeboard is removed by sum bricklayin slag the gaps too big

Is the minimum height of top handrail not 950mm & the maximum gap between handrails & toe boards 450mm or has this changed in the last 12 months?

Is the minimum height of top handrail not 950mm & the maximum gap between handrails & toe boards 450mm or has this changed in the last 12 months?

The actual height is 1m +/- 50mm, which is where you get the minimum height of 950mm from the boarded platform to the top of your guard rail.

No gap in between the guard rails or guard rails and toe board should be bigger than 470mm.

But then again ask a safety guy and he will say its taken from a risk assessment if the average height of your guys on the scaffold is 6' 8" you should have an additional guard rail on top the the main one!!

Min 950mm from the working platform to the top of the guardrail. Max gap 470mm

Yes i did ask about the job in china and you said i wasnt right for the job which is fair enough but then to come on here and start puting people down when im just asking a question is a bit low mate.I know what the handrail heights should be i just wanted to know what other scaffs think about it ok.

Havespannerwilltravel don't be so low ha ha. The new Scaff generation are becoming WEAK!

Yes i did ask about the job in china and you said i wasnt right for the job which is fair enough but then to come on here and start puting people down when im just asking a question is a bit low mate.I know what the handrail heights should be i just wanted to know what other scaffs think about it ok.

Not putting you down just saying its unbelievable that someone who has to ask a question about handrail heights would consider themselves for a high paying job in China.

Aidennixon

Guardrail wants to be a tad lower for them Yellow Men if your off to china ha

As long as no get is bigger than 470mm it don't matter everyone has there own way that is why i always put the marks on the marking stick before anyone else so i get it done my way

Top Bottom