Hand rail height

So system trannies act as aberdeens???? Tube trannies raising deck by 50mm?

know layher is 500 every cup so a meter to top hand rail couldnt comment on cup lock na nowt but like fed says might be 950 because of the case when you cna tranny system and the extra 50 mm gaind would reduce the handrail height to 950 centres - the board with the board it would take it to around 941ish so they have maby rounded it up for 9 mm

Thats how I understood it as well hswt. the euro's wanted it set at a metre.but it meant changes to exsting plant including mewps.

As i understand it, the guardrail height is 1m, as per most system scaffolds, plus or minus 50mm, which allows for guardrail tubes on any returns, stop ends, etc. being fixed immediately above or below main guardrail.

Yes mate, I am wondering if cuplock is used with tubes as transoms instead of the intermediate cuplock transoms if the h/r will be too low??

Yes, it would - using normal hook over Cuplok transoms the guardrail height would be 962mm (1m less 38mm board thickness). Use tube transoms on singles and you reduce this to 912mm - fine by the old regs. and practices, but less than the 950mm required by the WAH regs, so you would need to install a third guardrail.

Top Bottom