After TUPE employer is removing tea break, is this possible ? HELP !

AWY

Reaction score
After a TUPE agreement was set last year the new company has notified us that they wish to remove our morning tea break and place it at the start of our working day.

Originally we started at 7:45am had our 15min break at 10:00am and then dinner at 1-1:30.

Our new employer has stated that from January that our morning break will be from 7:45am till 8:00am then we will work from then till 12:30.

Can this be done after 10 weeks of the TUPE agreement in fact can it be done at all, as having 15m before you even start work surely cannot be called a break.

Any help would be great. I personally think they are insane.

Thanks

FFS the world really has gone mad, is this for real?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

How the fook do you get a break before you start working, haha might try this myself.;)

i always thought you couldnt work anymore than 4 hours without a break.Times change and with all the cheap labour going about companies can mostly do what they like as they know there will be someone waiting to fill a vacant position. Unions are no longer as strong as they once were so mostly agree to company policy to keep themselves on easy street.

Why do you need a break for, with all that sleep you get before you come to work, thats a huge break that the company is allowing you to have!

Fecking unbelievable what they will come up with now......

load a bollicks 8 hour day 30min breafast 30 min dinner at least

Lindsey oil refinery in Lincolnshire did this earlier on this year. but they moved the dinner break earlier so you don't get any t break in the morning now ,:wacko:

Lindsey oil refinery in Lincolnshire did this earlier on this year. but they moved the dinner break earlier so you don't get any t break in the morning now ,:wacko:

I thought they bought their break from them ???

TEA breaks :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
So glad i always done street work get it up and feck of home , breakfast at 6.30am then a drink bout 11m then on way to yard at 3pm

Possibly did with the regular lads awy , the lads I know which work on project work don't think had a choice mate

Less your given = less you give back... im sure once they start failing to meet deadlines due to lack of a motivated workforce they will rethink how they treat their Scaffolders.

Less your given = less you give back... im sure once they start failing to meet deadlines due to lack of a motivated workforce they will rethink how they treat their Scaffolders.

That is the argument, In their eyes they would be gaining an hour, due to walking time, length of break and changing time. In our eyes being in poor conditions for 4hrs with no incentive to get the job done whats the point may as well take the piss.

There is a good set of lads on site that do the hours that will move breaks and rush to get jobs done if it is a priority, This will end and moral will be at all time low how is that going to help them in the long term.

Too them on paper it must look great, reality is they're not going to get the help and motivation they had in the long term. It's not a blue book site it's not mega money but it was a reasonable job.

lol an hours for bait 15 mins for coffee in an 8 hour shift my god arnt you lucky 8 ,10. 12 .or even 14 hours shifts we get 30mins regardless and thats no paid ither ow and then back to yard to load up. some people just have it to easy

Well jiggerman i earn enough 2warrant working only those hrs so mayb ur workin 4the wrong firm buddy!!

Theres two different types of scaffolders ones that plod and do the hours and talk about the union all day and have been on the the firm 30yrs and the others just crack on and get the work done hoping for that early finish!

i always thought you couldnt work anymore than 4 hours without a break.Times change and with all the cheap labour going about companies can mostly do what they like as they know there will be someone waiting to fill a vacant position. Unions are no longer as strong as they once were so mostly agree to company policy to keep themselves on easy street.

I think you are right you cant work anymore than 4hours without a break.

lol an hours for bait 15 mins for coffee in an 8 hour shift my god arnt you lucky 8 ,10. 12 .or even 14 hours shifts we get 30mins regardless and thats no paid ither ow and then back to yard to load up. some people just have it to easy

14 hour shift with only one break doesn't make you a hard worker or a great scaff, it just makes you an idiot. You think your boss is sitting there thinking "look at my lads aren't they great, working 14 hours with only one break" - he's thinking "look at them spineless fookers, making me bundles of dosh and too frightened to ask for their legal entitlement" - I've never understood people who brag about how many hours they've had to work in a week, I really don't.

Top Bottom