Public Liability Insurance from Umbrella Companies (1 Viewer)

SWIFTY

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made a claim on the PL issued through an umbrella company and did they pay out?

Can't imagine how this one is keeping quiet.:notrust:

Even the descent companies rarely pay out.

Has anyone ever made a claim on the PL issued through an umbrella company and did they pay out?

Don't want to nick your thread Swifty, but how many guys have actually asked for a copy of the Insurance the "Umbrella Companies"charge you for.

Good point Rigger, maybe one of the agencies could answer. Andy Somers perhaps?

i tried getting ppl independently and they wanted about 400 quid , which was only good for 10 metres , im thinkin i can claim this back in my tax return

wouldnt surprise me if some of these parasites sorry agencys , didnt bother paying it

Good point Rigger, maybe one of the agencies could answer. Andy Somers perhaps?

Hi Russell,

I know someone that has put in a claim on this insurance before and been paid out. I dont know the full details on it as i dont work for the umbrella companies and even if i did i doubt i would be able to disclose it due to the DPA.

Regards
Andy

You can give more detail than that without worrying about DPA

Another pointless thread that's never going to come to a qualified conclusion.

I am just waiting for it to descend into a petty squabble...

Russell,

Contact one of the umbrella companies I'm sure they will be able to provide you with more details as I am unsure of what information i can divulge.

Regards
Andy

It all depends on the cover the umbrella agency takes out. some will have conditions that exclude any PL or even EL coverage whilst out on loan to a scaffolding firm.
I would suggest you check with your agency to see if they cover you for PL damage - however I doubt they will as their insurance generally is for a 'recuitment agency' not scaffolding contractor.

Russell,

Contact one of the umbrella companies I'm sure they will be able to provide you with more details as I am unsure of what information i can divulge.

Regards
Andy

Why? Is it a secret?

I recently contacted the umbrella company 2find out how the p l i pay each wk works and try 2 request a copy..which they hav still not mailed 2me also managed 2find out i am only covered for work which is paid thru them meanin if i was workin wivout payments goin thru them i'd not b covered.. the amount they charge 4 the cover and the service it provides is a joke...i asked 2cancel it and provide proof of my own p l but they said they could not process my payments unless i use thier own p l...just another way of pinching someones hard earnt money!!!

An umbrella company is i.e a company 2 whom ur wages r paid 2u thru rather then direct from the person u done the work 4..they usally charge 4this...also could b an agency u work 4..2b honest if u can...id stay away from them..all they do is take from the hard earnt money u recieve its about time someone put a stop 2it!!

ahh cheers, how come people use them? is it just for ease & less paperwork

Top Bottom