Smell a Rat

boomer101

Reaction score
today at 3pm every body at work was made redundant all p.a.y.e then told some would be re employed cis. my point is as a member of NASC it states that 90% of all staff should be on the books, and in this day and age Contractors insist on the NASC memership for firms working on there sites. Also they have recently sold there office/yard and started renting a new one. This sound very dodgy to me for Tax purposes.... and the question you are all asking is What`s the firm???? Mccrory Scaffolding.....

Yes it will be for the benefit of the liquidation process, nothing new unfortunately.

Hopefully most employees will be ok as is usually the case.

Good luck mate.

As I remember, prospective NASC members have to have been trading for two years before they're considered for NASC membership.

Saying that, I think that rule has been bent a few times over the last few years

Don't think so, the audit is pretty thorough. A growing list been expelled for not hitting the target.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

today at 3pm every body at work was made redundant all p.a.y.e then told some would be re employed cis. my point is as a member of NASC it states that 90% of all staff should be on the books, and in this day and age Contractors insist on the NASC memership for firms working on there sites. Also they have recently sold there office/yard and started renting a new one. This sound very dodgy to me for Tax purposes.... and the question you are all asking is What`s the firm???? Mccrory Scaffolding.....

Sounds like they are struggling boomer, an exit strategy if ever there was one.

Smell a Rat is right they have taken over Jade Services in Dublin ?

Bows do you work for them??? or have you worked for them???

Would that be Mccory scaffolding in Peterborough ? Yes your right you have to have 90% of your workforce directly employed to be a NASC member. Report them to the NASC.

Irish contractor that paint their stock a royal blue?? Not seen them working in Scotland for a few years now, I guess it could just be a sign of the times.

Hope nobody on the forum is at risk of loosing there job or out of pocket if they go?

Boomer
they are taking the pis, if you have been there for over 2 years you will be entitled to a redundancy payment (knowing them they will have a large turnover of labour to avoid this)
https://www.gov.uk/browse/employing-people/dismissals-redundancies
and they cant take you from PAYE to CIS if you have worked for them for over 12 weeks, ask HMRC for advice
Reporting Tax Evasion

and to be a NASC member they need 90% on the books
Full Membership

contact the NASC for advice
Contact Details for the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation

But whatever I wish you luck, some poor fecker will probably lose some money here, so be as careful as you can

Top Bottom