Altrad Competancy test ?

frank111

Reaction score
Any you guys know of what system the Altrad induction test is built with and what it entails ? cant find previous post about it ,, any help be much appreciated thanks !

Never Frank, is this for abroad?

One guy on here failed a similar thing for the Dutch sector but more because he was just not used to their gear.

yes Aom , its for holland mate , the van theil fittings dont bother me but im seeing all sorts of posts about extending tubes ant that sort of carry on ,, dont want to pay flights over to make a fool of myself ffs !

Agreed, try Pming Stledger, he was over and failed it, think he posted a drawing of what was expected and the reason he failed it.

I haven't seen him on for quite a while but he may get the message.

is Altrad the system it may be the main contractor,and they may stipulate a trade test.ST LEDGER failed a harsco/ssh test they are or were sgb(ssh in holland) so that would have been cuplok.
were abouts in holland are you heading to

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

ive just looked it up its PLETTAC basically Allroundthere shouldnt be any problems.

Altrad is the company huggy , im workin up north , have to head to Altrad complex to build somethin ,,, the question is WHAT FFS , , cup-loc is no problem il have a look at the plettac thanks mate !

type ALTRAD THEY MAKE ALL SORTS FROM MIXERS TO WHEELBARROWS,SCAFFOLDING IS ANOTHER BRANCH AND THE PRODUCT IS PLETTAC.ITS A SYSTEM THEY ARE ALL BASICALLY THE SAME YOU CANT GO WRONG.WERE ABOUTS UP NORTH DEN HELDER OR GRONNIGEN

im headin over on Monday lads , do the test on tue , if there is anything goin il post it no problem , be good to have a few english speakin lads with me , as far as i know theres alot of poles , but as i say once i get my foot through the door il post ,,, looks like there are ten different types of plettac ,, frame type ,, arrrrggghhhhh !!!!!!!1

im headin over on Monday lads , do the test on tue , if there is anything goin il post it no problem , be good to have a few english speakin lads with me , as far as i know theres alot of poles , but as i say once i get my foot through the door il post ,,, looks like there are ten different types of plettac ,, frame type ,, arrrrggghhhhh !!!!!!!1

that would be much appreciated frank thanks mate the mrs starting to do me head in you know whats its like im sure she will like holland all i have to do is buy her a hammer thanks again mate,she shouldnt have much trouble with the trade test she knows the score way system.

ort frank lad you not looking for particular english speaking lads just that am a proddy and well ya no lol on messen marra gl with it get some pic of what your finished test is like if that makes sense ahahah gl marra

aye lad tirra oly oon boot evensoopa de doopa ,, hahaha

Many thanks Johnny !

Johnny , thanks alot mate , in todays climate this info will be of use to alot of maybe young lads or whoever is travelling to earn money for their families on here , it becoming a MUST DO , rather than a , no way ,, thanks again !

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Layher , cup-loc is a dream ,, used it alot , but if you get a system thrown at you that you cant master quickly at an assessment ,, well it could ruin the trip and end up making you look stupid !

Altrad

Dr Altrad manufactures plettac,a direct copy of Layher.[though no way near as good]

They also own Beaver 84,Generation,N.S.G. and M.T.D. scaffolding.

There was talk that they were bidding for the group that owns Deborahs before they got sold to the Irish money men!

who next ? t**d?

If you use spear fittings .these will be the only thing that will catch you out, be straight forward and tell the assessor you have not used them before. If he sees that you can stand a tower and trust out and drop down he will see you will get use to these fittings.

When you bang your kicker in keep it at least 300mm from the ground or you will struggle afterwards to open the fitting because of the spear,

Just remember your standing spear always go on the outside of your standard, when you use the fitting an a transom make shore you bottom spear is always on the inside of the ledger and make sure your top spar is always closed with the pin coming back in towards the scaffold so it’s easy to open when you strip the job,

When you run your horizontals in for you lift make sure all the fitting are upside down,the opposite way you would do it in the uk,in other words make sure all the gates are at the top rather than bottom, as if you were making a hanger up, these fitting need to be like this for when you install your transoms later ,if they are not you will only be struggling putting your transoms on.

1 more point don’t be putting Aberdeen’s in your scaffolds as they don’t believe in them, unless of course you are handed a complex drawing to work off.

Nsg i knew i had heard the name somewhere that was about 6 months ago was it not burger

Top Bottom