Why?

1969scaff

Reaction score
gap personnel are currently recruiting for scaffolders in the Liverpool area.

You will be working on the new cargo dock being built in the seaforth area of liverpool, so you may be required to have drug and alcohol test.

Having a full medical (offshore excepted) and a CRB check is a great advantage.
This ad is from the jobs section.Couple of questions why would you need a CRB check or a full medical? It's not a Prison/high security risk.It's a cargo terminal with no cargo in it so why all the security clearances ?Is the building industry the only one that has random drug/alcohol testing? Why???Does it mean you need the test because it's in Liverpool? No one I have asked knows anything about this job,maybe it's just greedy grabbing agencies collecting names just in case!

i would be of the assumption that you are right this sounds like an agency trying to get names on the books to ruin the site rates.
there was a post on here for the shetlands and a quick look on the jobseekers website shows they have work all over scotland alledgedly fecking jokers

I phoned about that job in the Shetlands, reckon it was a ne collecting exercise, the boy didn't know the rates scaffolders should be getting he was asking me what rate I think a part 2 should get, I hung up when he asked if I could get any boys numbers to him,

Surely that's your job Martin Crawford not mine!!!

Top Bottom