Sg4 10

R

ragscaff

Going by a lot of the threads on the forum how many really work to SG4 10?

We do a lot of domestic work & some industrial.

Method statement states that we will work to SG4 10 & when its not reasonably practicable will revert back to SG4 05.

Fronts & backs & all types of work up to four lifts are much slower with steps & advanced rails etc would not get the work if it was priced to do it to SG4 10.Bay windows with rose trees etc.

How are others finding it now its been in nearly a year.

Ragscaff

Very few working to SG4:10 around this way (including NASC members), we use the sliding rail method but revert back to SG4:05 when needs must.
Steps are not considered to be a safe option and impossible to put in RAMS without asking for trouble later.

Sg4.11 now. Don't ask what's the difference thought I just wear a harness when things get over two lifts high.

all been trainned to sg4 10 but not being used as the structures we scaffold it would be inpossible to use uneven surfaces and plant in the way even the option of a boarded platform to start off with. would be a no go sg4. 05 all day long when appropiate but as swifty states sliding rail method with double lanyards simples safe and easy to work with from what i see out there your lucky if 2% use the step and 50% even use the sg4 05 method seems these days unless your being watched or your in a dogee situation theres no sg4 or sg4 10 unfortunatly with our firm harness must be warn when leaving cabin and if your caught not clipped on its a instant sacking!!!

still slapping it up on a price using the "upront AGS", but then i would, wouldn't I !!!

How can you use SG4-05 when it doesn't exsist anymore?

That is like saying working to the constuction design welfare regs.

all been trainned to sg4 10 but not being used as the structures we scaffold it would be inpossible to use uneven surfaces and plant in the way even the option of a boarded platform to start off with. would be a no go sg4. 05 all day long when appropiate but as swifty states sliding rail method with double lanyards simples safe and easy to work with from what i see out there your lucky if 2% use the step and 50% even use the sg4 05 method seems these days unless your being watched or your in a dogee situation theres no sg4 or sg4 10 unfortunatly with our firm harness must be warn when leaving cabin and if your caught not clipped on its a instant sacking!!!

i had an argument wid a saftey man on olympics after an argument with me bro that the harness is in affective untill anchored above 4m thats manufactures guidelines so do i have to clip on below 4m he reply was yes its our policy to which my reply is if thats the case i want it in writing that you are going to accept full responsibility for any accident cause under 4 meters tripping over land yard etc he reply was i cant be held responsible for that to which my reply was your policy contradicts manufactures guidelines and were forced to work to your guidelines so on your head be it. i wasnt allowed to work below 4 meters again :laugh:

haha, use what ever get's you through the day and home safe.

If he was any good he would have told you that at below 4m the harness should still keep you upright if you fall.

Unless you hit the deck first.:wondering:

Get yourself a Barracuda Marra, then you can always clip on above you and your fall will be minimal.

Get yourself a Barracuda Marra, then you can always clip on above you and your fall will be minimal.

I swear by them barracudas...expensive but worth it.....reguarding harnesses i would reckomend the harness inspectors course only £120 -keeps u complient and always good when u know more than a saftey officer....u all know the saying bullshite baffles brains:D

I don't even know what sg10 is never mind working to it...i'me dead fast with a wrench though...:D

I swear by them barracudas...expensive but worth it.....

As do I. Quality piece of kit, I know when I clip on with these that if I did somehow take a trip on the gravity elevator that I'd barely pass the ledger before the harness stopped me.... not a couple of metres down before being bashed around against the sway and vomiting violently onto the unlucky men below.

Must admit sometimes find it a bit heavy & clumpy when in its parked position on my harness. But never the less cracking bit of kit... had a sso creaming his pants over it a few days ago as he'd never seen one b4 . Then tried to make up some nonence about wanting to see its fit for purpose cert...i just said wait here i'll go and get it.i went into the office and wrote on a bit of paper "this is fit for the purpose of scaffolding" he just cringed as the whole site burst out laughing at him

Steps may be simple enough to use and comply, the problem we have is. For the company to be in full compliance it should issue every working scaffolder with a set of steps, and have them sign for their personal use. Now not every scaffolder has a company van or a vehicle of his own. So does he take this awkward kit along with his other tools of the trade on public transport. Ok if hes on the same site every day, not if like most hes job to job.

Top Bottom