Beams up right way?

We do have a couple of slightly differing beams despite our best efforts but always pair them up as a minimum.

you prob do mate but most big firms that employe yard boys to load lorry's throw on any old ****.

I have been sent unit beams with 2 & 3 bolt holes to do jobs where they need to be bolted together.
Haki beams with the ends grinded off etc its shocking.

I suppose that's true, quite like being a small fish.

How does it matter what way up you put a haki beam?
The only difference will be what way the end support face up or down.

How many times over the years have you done a simple bit of beam work ie 2 x 6m or 8m haki beams bridged from 2 independants over something yet the beams are different!

some have more straight upright supports than others so cant allways get your tie cords transoms where you need them anyhow.

Also some you can fit doubles beetween the small V's a lot of them you can't.

Steel Unit beams go either way whats the difference?
Also remember the days of using steel unit beams to do temp roofs, we all try putting the beams all the same so the angles meet each other when joining but then sometimes you need to flip them so the fish tails line up and so the angled supports dont follow suit.

Morning Kent_Scaff
The 450 Haki is not such a problem but the previous posts may have related to the Haki 750 which has a key hole section for the bottom chord. This beam can be used either way up but with a different moment of resistance.

The latest version of the Layher 750mm aluminium beam has different bending capacities depending on orientation, being stronger in the V arrangement. Other than that, Layher's beam user guide gives no other differences in capacity for its 450mm ali or steel beams, other than recommending that the diagonal should be pointing downwards at the support points.

You would assume that unless stated otherwise, any capacities stated by the manufacturers are the lower of the two if there is any difference due to orientation, but as ever if in doubt then check.

But when the manufacturers are contacted do you get the correct information or the run around from them mark?

But when the manufacturers are contacted do you get the correct information or the run around from them mark?

Never has a problem getting the information TBH - Haki, Apollo et al have always forwarded plenty of technical info when i've asked for it. Layher especially have always come up trumps, and it's not as if we're a big customer for their kit.

Yes Layher are ticking all the correct boxes at the minute.
Modus Access have been doing a lot with the new roof system and I must admit how impressive it looks.
DSL going into it in a massive way as well.

Top Bottom