+ 8 Scaffold System (1 Viewer)

Flannel

Reaction score
Anyone know much about this stuff, is it any good for offshore works?

offshore work.... tube is more versatile and flexible..... system (although i dont use it, ) has it's advantages for speed, particularly for straight runs, independents etc. be it +8, peri-up, c-lock...
But tube is the way to go.... especially for storage in racks given the lmited space offshore.
Tube..........:)

good system but never will t and f be beaten especially in industrial/offshore projects

Half the rigs in the North Sea are covered in system.Lads Europe dont use any tube and fitts.

Things must have changed a bit since I was last there then. I know a few different companies have tried all sorts of system out there and you can still find old bits of haki lying in the big blue skip from the ROV. I have done a couple of jobs with system out there, a nice wee hanger on the under deck of the Sedco 711 to repair the inspection rails was done using cup lock I think, all they did was change out the bolts on the spigot for high tensile one's. There is a place for system but it's not really on a rig.

Dont BIS use Layher, Stork use + 8 and Cape use a bit of system too ?

Is + 8 good for general use? Looks simillar to ring systems

Seen a fair bit of Layher out there from time to time and it has been a while but I can only think of a few jobs where it would be any use. I'm not saying you couldn't use it but there comes a point when using all these fangled components ends up costing you time when all you really need is a bit of tube. I always hated hunting the rig for gear, imagine searching all day for a fancy particular bit of system to finish your job.:sick:

+8 is an excellent system scaffold and has been used extensively by Stork (RBG ) but as said above very limited .

im out in germany and the layer boys , proper old skool germans can build anything with it , but someone sent me a lot of turkish with no clue for it , plus 8 is the best system for speed iv come across but 28 years of tube and fitting make it the winner , my work is in raffineries and the worlds largest chemi plant and the boys do well with it

they all try it out some salesman shows a guy who knows feck all aboot life never mind scaffolding a few photos of this great new system gives him the envelope and hey presto a million pound order comes out on the next boat fae the bluetoon
i remember rigblast introduced the haki system to offshore they even tryed it on the forth rail bridge 15 years later and they start with the plus 8 will they ever learn i think not

I think every system imaginable was on that bridge before they realised the inevitable that tube was the answer.

As Someone Who Has Used Most Systems I Rate Plus 8 Very Highly, For Speed And Ease Of Use, Its A Good System.

Not sure about getting it to Texas Bulldog.

Top Bottom