Help with pricing tree protection Handrails.

Polesapart

Reaction score
Wotcha...:nuts:

Need a few ideas, perhaps some of you lads have erected this sort of thing before? So I am looking for ideas on erection times, or quantitive formulas for quotation purposes.

So with that in mind, the Uprights are 10ft tubes, driven .6M into the ground with 3m standard spacings. Then a triple handrail attached, finally every upright to havean 8ft brace tied to a butt again driven into the ground....

Last double H-rail edge protection as A-frame I did was £12.50 per meter.. This is very different, I want the job so I don't want to take the P(*& when costing it up.

Cheers.

Hi polesapart, welcome to the forum, Priced somthing similar over Windsor some 3 years ago, don't have my notes now but seem to remember i went in at around £40.00/m. Also from what I remember the access turned out to be abonimal.

Wotcha...:nuts:

Need a few ideas, perhaps some of you lads have erected this sort of thing before? So I am looking for ideas on erection times, or quantitive formulas for quotation purposes.

So with that in mind, the Uprights are 10ft tubes, driven .6M into the ground with 3m standard spacings. Then a triple handrail attached, finally every upright to havean 8ft brace tied to a butt again driven into the ground....

Last double H-rail edge protection as A-frame I did was £12.50 per meter.. This is very different, I want the job so I don't want to take the P(*& when costing it up.

Cheers.

message aom on here he has had a few top involving trees nd sometimes caves

Hi polesapart, welcome to the forum, Priced somthing similar over Windsor some 3 years ago, don't have my notes now but seem to remember i went in at around £40.00/m. Also from what I remember the access turned out to be abonimal.

wtf £40pm and u still got the job lololo

we do a lot of this as standard prelims now b4 the job starts,we charge our normal linear rate as if you were erect independant due the fact that although theres less gear in it , the time factor of banging in the tubes &butts as well as walking all the gear in makes it work out ...the other option that we've done is charged the price of replacement gear then put daywork price in per man hr for erecting it..if you want a tip go and buy a proper fence post ram as it makes life a lot easier then tryin to bang it up with a sledgehammer also dont worry about bubbling all 3 rails in just do it by eye as it doesnt notice once the harris fence panels are fixed on

Top Bottom