Scaffold system hammer (1 Viewer)

Pugwash,

Where are you and what system are you working with?

Ye Cassie,

Become a journeyman scaffolder and join the carpenters union, whilst your buying your Estwing.

Oh, and swear allegiance to John Ohara at SIAC.

on your bike son

I'm I'm Kent and its lahyer

when ya on site have a look in them buckets ya see on the scaffold look for 1 thats like this
54.022.jpg

the great and every time ya see a brickys you know yav got there hammer :laugh:

**** using a hammer ya struggle to get the pins back out wid a hammer use a heavy spanner then it sit back in you frog, some lads have hammer on for us and some dont and there plenty of 1 cups in the yard still attatched to ledgers or trannys coz of a hammer

Ye Cassie,

Become a journeyman scaffolder and join the carpenters union, whilst your buying your Estwing.

Oh, and swear allegiance to John Ohara at SIAC.

on your bike son

Who rattled ur cage fukwit... you want a 20,0z decent claw hammer...
the claw will come in handy as will the thin shaft on a hammer like an estwing..

oh.. flannel.. go fuk urself matey...lol

The system hammer all the dutch and germans use is made by picard. commonly know as a wedge hammer, "mechanicians hammer combi".its ideal as shorter than the ice pick style hammer especially when banging up wedges on a layher baselift when some nutter has banged them down on the erect !
I swapped one 20 years ago for a toffee hammer with a cloggy,will post a pic on here when i can find it ! its the best hammer for system especially layher ! happy banging.

There's a decent system hammer in use down here, supplied by Technique tools from Melbourne.

Dont know where the design was originally from, looks a bit like a toffee hammer but has a flat bit 3/4 the way up the handle for your thumb with a fairly short podger handle.

works really well with Layher and is well priced, and chippys dont rob them!

Bit far away for Pugwash though!

carpenters hammers are just too big n awkward.

Look on eBay for a estwing roofers hammer. The pick comes in handy when the ledger is abit tight to get in.

They all use claw hammers ouit here.. 20oz.... toffee hammers are for girls...lol

Pugwash, Get An Sgb Podger, Cut The Hook Off Then Take It To A Blacksmith And Get Him To Weld The Head On, Bingo One System Hammer. Failing That Use A Toffe Hammer And Get Sore Hands With The Vibration Of Chapping The Peins.

Lads if it aint cuplock........then hit it with your forehead...helps to keep you awake whilst the mundane boardum of systems takes over....OR try pis#ing on the brickies 3 lifts below

Here in the US we use carpenter hammers. Many Scaffolders prefer Estwings. Carpenter hammers make sense to us. Can beat in runners and bears, adjust stuck screw jacks. hammer in nails to base pads, and pull nails on toeboards and planks. I use what is called a "California Framer" Hammer. Big sticking face and its light weight.

Top Bottom