Agrochemicals firm to sue HSE (1 Viewer)

The hse need to demonstrate a bit of common sense in these matters,all to often firms are going to the wall because of economic reasons,the last thing a firm needs is to be shackled from trading,specially if it's not their fault,fair enough for habitual offenders,but this is peoples livelyhoods that are being jeopardised at the stroke of a pen:mad:

From next month, when the HSE’s “fee-for-fault” charging regime comes into force, companies will be ineligible for defence costs order even when they successfully defend a regulatory case at court and are found not guilty.

“This can be seen as further weakening the accountability of regulators and has led to some commentators fearing that more prosecutions could be brought

That scares me.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There should be an intermediatary for both sides to plead their case to before any draconian measures are enforced.

that scares me.

especially if the firm take them for the 1.8 mill thell need to make that back .. I know lets go out on the hunt for some scaffs well doubble that figure if we do cants, if they go to court and lose they should pay fees and compent for losses regardless

Interesting...
with the HSE bringing out the INTERVENTION FEE'S will be see loads of challenges and counter claims going through the courts now and delaying projects;)

Top Bottom