use NASC to fuk WASPS (1 Viewer)

joebag

Reaction score
around five scaffolders a year die as a result of a scaffolding related incident,between five and eight die from wasp stings,,,,,,,perspective?

average overall is fifthty all trades ,falls from machines ,roof collapse etc etc,falling from scaffolds is fourth on the list,doesnt even say scaffolders falling from scaffolds,,,,,im being totally over the top with five but it still proves the point,scaremongering fearbrokers!

So 5 deaths is acceptable, is that what you're saying?

The difference with a scaffolding related death and a death from a wasp sting is that all scaffolding related death's are avoidable, unlike being stung by a pissed-off wasp and having an allergic reaction.

So hardly a good comparison.

only acceptable if you were one of them with an answer like that,christ,if you cant see the point explaining it would be beyond you,see the hse roadshows given you the wristbands aswell as the tshirt

only acceptable if you were one of them with an answer like that,christ,if you cant see the point explaining it would be beyond you,see the hse roadshows given you the wristbands aswell as the tshirt

Hey thanks for the advice, Joe.

Personally, I don't think it's acceptable that anyone gets killed at work. If that warrants a childish response about 'roadshows' and 'wristbands' then that tells me all I need to know about you as an individual.

your world of cheap applause and point scoring tells me all i need to know,im all for safety but not safety for profit,bigger picture is not making it safer,its fudging stats and patting each others backs,

cheap shot by me but dont accuse me of wishing death on scaffs when anyone with half a brain can see its about scaremongering!

around five scaffolders a year die as a result of a scaffolding related incident,between five and eight die from wasp stings,,,,,,,perspective?

Can you prove these statistics, It must be a fecker not drinking in the beer garden

i can,in fact the scaffold deaths are a gross over estimation,can nasc prove it represents 70% of the scaffolding industry,can any of the claims that advanced guard rails or step are saving lives,

or are they left on the wagon wheras traversing at least you were clipped on,amazing how A level results are always getting better and safetys always improving,,,,,capitalism got to love the statistics!

your world of cheap applause and point scoring tells me all i need to know,im all for safety but not safety for profit,bigger picture is not making it safer,its fudging stats and patting each others backs,

cheap shot by me but dont accuse me of wishing death on scaffs when anyone with half a brain can see its about scaremongering!

Call it scaremongering if you like. I call it trying to reduce the number of deaths to zero.

Talking of point scoring, you're very quick to criticise certain organisations on their various policy and merits, although you don't actually have any viable alternatives to offer. As for stats, where are your stats? If you don't have any qualified data to work from, then how do you know that the stats are 'fudged'? Basically, you want to rubbish everyone who tries to collate data and stats, test and engineer, give professional guidance and audit where necessary - But you cannot be arsed to contribute anything yourself!

Actually, that is a common theme on this forum...

HOW MANY WASPS HAVE DIED FROM FALLS AT HEIGHT.
NO ONE DARE ASK THIS QUESTION LEST THEY GET STUNG THEMSELVES.:nuts:

i can,in fact the scaffold deaths are a gross over estimation,can nasc prove it represents 70% of the scaffolding industry,can any of the claims that advanced guard rails or step are saving lives,

or are they left on the wagon wheras traversing at least you were clipped on,amazing how A level results are always getting better and safetys always improving,,,,,capitalism got to love the statistics!

not from today first drop in higher grades in over 20 years, i do believe in if its not broke dont fix it but some thing needed done i dont think the step was the only option i think its was the most practical from a saftey point of view persoannly i wouldnt mind it you coule still strap a reel the lenght of the scaff and clip on to that and you free to walk move and still be clipped on but again your not behind a singel guard rail .

the step isnt the only option, in most cases its the cheapest option to comply with the guidance.

I kin of agree that some sort of life line would be good though with a little development.

Still wouldn't comply though as it wouldn't be collective protection.

the key word is GUIDELINES,its not LEGISLATION.
scaffold guidelines(sg-etc) Tubing Guidelines(TG2010 etc)
SCAFFOLDERS ARE HEIGHT WORKERS NOT WORKERS AT HEIGHT,THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
DO PAINTERS STILL PAINT FROM LADDERS,WHAT ABOUT WINDOW CLEANERS THE GUY THAT CLEANS MINE DOESNT HAVE TO WEAR A HARNESS.

As I understand it, the WAHR states we all must use collective protection. Those in the know realise that this is unworkable all the time and at some point we must use a harness and have provided the guidance to help us comply. I know it's guidance but it's borne through regulation changes.

And the window cleaner round here bought a massive truck mounted cherry picker and is now making a fortune cleaning all the council windows and washing wind turbines, every cloud.

the key word is GUIDELINES,its not LEGISLATION.
scaffold guidelines(sg-etc) Tubing Guidelines(TG2010 etc)
SCAFFOLDERS ARE HEIGHT WORKERS NOT WORKERS AT HEIGHT,THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
DO PAINTERS STILL PAINT FROM LADDERS,WHAT ABOUT WINDOW CLEANERS THE GUY THAT CLEANS MINE DOESNT HAVE TO WEAR A HARNESS.

If you don't follow the guidance and it goes tits up I guarantee you a fine is on the way unless you can dispute the guidance

Top Bottom