hung out to dry? (1 Viewer)

pugwash

Reaction score
Even though I've been scaffolding for 24 years I've only got a part1,my own fault I know.I applied for funding for part 2 and was awarded 50%.this leaves 700 for me to pay.when asked why on 50% I was told that's all over 26yo can get.I can't afford this,because firms pay by card and not experience.my part 1 runs out in December so after that I'm unable to scaffold.seems a bit ageist.rant over

Think positive

Pugwash,
if my car exhaust falls off mate, I have to replace it, if the cupboards are empty at home, I have to fill them,I understand your issues, invest in yourself, look as the 50% funding is a bonus,when you keep your job, get more pay, the investment in your part 2 will be worth it, don't go down the road of not doing this course, sell your car,( you can get another) car boot, please just do it, you deserve it , if you've got a family you've got commitments, responsibilities, also to yourself, in fact do your part 2 and put in for your advanced straight away ,your holding yourself back pal, be the man you know scaffs are,
JUST DO IT!!!
let me know when you've done the course, you can go offshore ,large projects etc , think big loads a money £££££££££££
all the best,
Ray

Hi pugwash my training has set me back nearly 5000 without lose wages to go on courses .complacentcy is a big killer in our industry!
Why dont you try a small one man band they normally pay for experience
Imagine what it cost to start up a business and then be successful.

some people are not lucky enough to get funding , i ve spent 3 grand since november last year , to get back doing my job , do as i did , stop moaning and just do it , all the best

It's all right to tell him to stop moaning but how does a bloke with a family on part 1 wages afford the exorbitant attendance fees?

Sorry I meant training fees.

It's all right to tell him to stop moaning but how does a bloke with a family on part 1 wages afford the exorbitant attendance fees?

Cut back and save,
No booze,fags or eating out,it wouldn't take that long to save 700 quid,even if it took 4 months it would be worth it in the end.
Or borrow from family perhaps?

no holiday for two years:wondering:

Its caught between a rock and a hard place , cant you ask you boss if he can sub you the money and you pay him back on a weekly basis , at the end of the day he will get an attendance grant for you which will reduce the cost by about £30 a day or on a 10 day course £300 , if i had a decent bloke in your predicament then thats the offer i would make him.

were theres a will theres a way cut the fags out cu the drink out take bait to work dont buy at a shop, try work every weekend, you got until december go in to town and find a credit union and put some away

were theres a will theres a way cut the fags out cu the drink out take bait to work dont buy at a shop, try work every weekend, you got until december go in to town and find a credit union and put some away

take bait to work whats that lug rag or maggots:laugh: but know were your comeing from the shop or garage shop that can clock up the readys in a week ginster pastie here red bull here jesus them garages can charge the earth!!!! dont cut the fags out ive given up 3 years nearly and it makes you misrable nothing beter than a drag off a benson:laugh:

Cut back and save,
No booze,fags or eating out,it wouldn't take that long to save 700 quid,even if it took 4 months it would be worth it in the end.
Or borrow from family perhaps?

If I was earning what a Pt 1 gets around here I wouldn't be able to afford booze, fags or eating out.

I was quoted over a grand to put a Pt 1 through his one day assessment and NVQ so he can have the card the taxpayer paid for by our friendly local trainer even though they have had his 2 week attendance course funded last year.

F.ucking shocking:eek::eek:

Last edited:
take bait to work whats that lug rag or maggots:laugh: but know were your comeing from the shop or garage shop that can clock up the readys in a week ginster pastie here red bull here jesus them garages can charge the earth!!!! dont cut the fags out ive given up 3 years nearly and it makes you misrable nothing beter than a drag off a benson

Haha,now that would p*ss you off,a packet of smelly lug for your snap:sick:mind you marra,you'll be feeling the same after eating megaburger all feckin week:laugh::laugh:priceless

take bait to work whats that lug rag or maggots:laugh: but know were your comeing from the shop or garage shop that can clock up the readys in a week ginster pastie here red bull here jesus them garages can charge the earth!!!! dont cut the fags out ive given up 3 years nearly and it makes you misrable nothing beter than a drag off a benson:laugh:

bait........ sandwich drink maby packed of crisps lol red bulls must have 4 big can a day lol at least theres a tenner aye bank statment reads spar, bp garage, esso garage spar bp garage lol she goes nuts lol

Haha,now that would p*ss you off,a packet of smelly lug for your snap mind you marra,you'll be feeling the same after eating megaburger all feckin week priceless[/QUOTE]

whats the fek snap lol crnt featch me sell to look in the fridge at it feel sutch a failure :cry: ahahahah

bait........ sandwich drink maby packed of crisps lol red bulls must have 4 big can a day lol at least theres a tenner aye bank statment reads spar, bp garage, esso garage spar bp garage lol she goes nuts lol

Haha,now that would p*ss you off,a packet of smelly lug for your snap mind you marra,you'll be feeling the same after eating megaburger all feckin week priceless

whats the fek snap lol crnt featch me sell to look in the fridge at it feel sutch a failure :cry: ahahahah[/QUOTE]

Snap,short for snapping,presumably,as in,snapping at the bait,like a hungry croc(the reptilian,not the shoe)ffs:laugh:

Only saying, not having a go at anyone,
I've paid nearly £6000 out my own pocket to get these cards in my pocket,
because like you all know,
1st thing any firm asks is, what card have you got, it's not to prove how good your are, but granted it is an indicator,
It's because the insurance company's demand you have a card
be it a trainee, basic or advanced.
No card no insurance on site.

whats the fek snap lol crnt featch me sell to look in the fridge at it feel sutch a failure :cry: ahahahah

Snap,short for snapping,presumably,as in,snapping at the bait,like a hungry croc(the reptilian,not the shoe)ffs:laugh:[/QUOTE]

lol each to there own mines bait other packing others peace and a few others snap lol ill have to use it garn for me snap marra lol fimiliar with crocs a bf ya not a crocks with socks kind guy aye :laugh:

Snap,short for snapping,presumably,as in,snapping at the bait,like a hungry croc(the reptilian,not the shoe)ffs:laugh:

lol each to there own mines bait other packing others peace and a few others snap lol ill have to use it garn for me snap marra lol fimiliar with crocs a bf ya not a crocks with socks kind guy aye :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Oh aye,there's nowt better than chuckin yer boots n socks in the feckin boot and jumping into a lime green pair of crocs for the drive home,bliss hehe

Sorry my point was if I was under 26 I could have full funding.I can't afford the money to pay due to a divorce,no fault of my own,so now have 2 homes to pay for.and fishing is gay

Top Bottom