20 year old advanced scaffolder!

Not all firms treat their lads like dirt stLedger , the job by nature is dirty , physical , cold , hot with very little rewards at times , it is however the trade we choose to be in i for one would not be scaffolder unless i loved it because of all the hard times ,there are easier ways to earn a living .
Being a scaffolder is a way of life and not just a job for me :)

Not all firms treat their lads like dirt stLedger , the job by nature is dirty , physical , cold , hot with very little rewards at times , it is however the trade we choose to be in i for one would not be scaffolder unless i loved it because of all the hard times ,there are easier ways to earn a living .
Being a scaffolder is a way of life and not just a job for me :)

thats it its a way of life but for the now i dont think there is a job that wouyld pay as well as scaffolding that i could get in to so am sticking to what i know who am i kidding i know fek all lol but ya know what i mean currently on the frim am on the wages are less than b and q and i like sheds but once quallyfied the doors open

Soldiers,really,five and a half months of basic,5 o'clock starts,beasted for every mistake as ur oppos life depends on it then continuation training everyday for the rest of your service,fuk off lad,that's about as lame as heather mills,fuk me what a beaute !

20 year old advanced scaffolder

Joebag, just because a person is 20 years old doesn't mean he hasn't the ability or isn't competent enough to be qualified as advanced at his aged, you say it should be 5years experience to be advanced but what if you have someone who has been doing the job for say longer than 5 years but isn't as competent as the 20 year old then he should be given the "advanced" status, age should'nt come into it, it should purely be capability. Sounds abit like sour grapes.

Not really sour grapes...more like experience is being lost because the card system is being abused by cash cow training centres, making the cards value worthless, believe me mate I know the advanced card doesnt mean anything compared to the character and ethics behind the bloke holding it, poison bitterness and ego comes into play even with old heads ;)

Not really sour grapes.. making the cards value worthless, believe me mate I know the advanced card doesnt mean anything compared to the character and ethics behind the bloke holding it, poison bitterness and ego comes into play even with old heads ;)

It's easy to say that it's a money issue, if that was the case then surely enough complaints would have been received by the relevant bodies and this would have been looked into. Character and ethics should always play apart but also the card helps to verify that you have the experience and ability needed. My opinion is live and let live, good luck to the 20 year old in such a cut throat job

Soldiers,really,five and a half months of basic,5 o'clock starts,beasted for every mistake as ur oppos life depends on it then continuation training everyday for the rest of your service,fuk off lad,that's about as lame as heather mills,fuk me what a beaute !
ex squadro, now scaff. some people love to give em selves the tough tours. however ur other mates can just about brag about how heavy a slab is or how hot there office was. im 24 i got life exp of a 50 yr old already. to me if hes gt advanced and he genuinely knows what hes doing whats the prob, just like a section commander at 20. or just over, does because hes 20 mean hes not capable of leading his men into a battle where there is 100 pcent going to be fatalitys and casualties. do you think his men who are considerably older than him question his experience and knowledge. the anser is they dont, and why would they, because that guy has got to where he wants to be and us ******* never. end of story case closed nil pwah capiche

The lads obtained the card because its been made availible for him to attend,train,on the relevent courses.Good luck to him,if hes got the ******** to back himself to do the job,regardless no doubt ,of ****** comments thrown at him by older scaffs he will be working with,then hats off to him for putting plenty of others to shame,who think the world owes them a living!! Ability,not age,no gaffer complains when the cash is flowing in.

The lads obtained the card because its been made availible for him to attend,train,on the relevent courses.Good luck to him,if hes got the ******** to back himself to do the job,regardless no doubt ,of ****** comments thrown at him by older scaffs he will be working with,then hats off to him for putting plenty of others to shame,who think the world owes them a living!! Ability,not age,no gaffer complains when the cash is flowing in.

Well said daz.

Its amazing how many people dont want to pay for extra training to make there self more employable

Knew one who was 18 ish that had done the advanced course (didn't do assesment for it). He's was actully years in front of his age but wouldn't say he was an advanced scaffolder he got offered the chance to do his tickets and said " saves me doing it later on" so fair play to him I say I assume he's had constant employment/ money coming in etc

Top Bottom