Bettertax fantasy football league 2012 - 2013!

BetterTAX

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Starting a new thread for a new season!

For the last 6 years (for me and Roger), 3 years for Ricky, we've played in the Premier League Fantasy Football League.

I may be a girl but I have to tell you, I do pretty well (but then I did have good coaching from Roger when his team was not doing so well - he figured at least one of us should win) . However, Ricky is very good .

Last season quite a few of you joined us on our 4x4x2 fantasy league. From this forum, we had a number of Manager of the Month winners and in fact 1st and 2nd places overall were taken by members here, who now proudly wear their chosen team shirts!

For this new season (omg! it starts VERY soon), we've created a new BetterTAX league especially for some inter-trade competition and for us to have some fun too!

This is the code 44663-15160.

It's completely free to enter, dead easy to play, costs you nothing but your footballing expertise pride , gives you something to do during those long, cold, dark, winter nights (and days!) and you may get to kick some builders ass!

All the details are on the Bettertax fantasy football page - it'd be great to see you there. You don't have to be a client of ours but you do have to work in the UK construction industry or be associated with it (unless we give you special dispensation, apply within! Thinking HSWT for example :)).

We're putting some good prizes up for the team managers that perform well monthly, as well as end of season prizes for the winning 3 teams.

Manager of the month:
There will be a £10 Gift Voucher for either M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Frasier, HMV or GAME awarded and dispatched to highest scoring team in each calendar month excluding August 2012 & May 2013.

End of season:
1st Place:Will be awarded a named & numbered football shirt for their preferred team, a £100 Gift Voucher for either M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Frasier, HMV or GAME and a £50 donation to their nominated charity.

2nd Place: Will be awarded a named & numbered football shirt for their preferred team, a £50 Gift Voucher for either M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Frasier, HMV or GAME and a £25 donation to their nominated charity.

3rd Place:Will be awarded a football shirt for their preferred team and a £25 donation to their nominated charity.

We'll also be sending out a Bettertax hi-vis vest to all entrants - woohoo! As you know we also run a photo competition, details stickied to the top of the general forum.

REMEMBER! This is FREE to enter and should be lots of fun!

We hope you can join us, invite your trades-mates too . If you need any help setting up your team, give us a shout. The season starts 18th August and you do have until 11.30 that day to sort your team out. The other seasoned players and myself will be on hand to help you out if you are new to this, so don't be afraid to ask. The old thread does hold some secrets, but we won't mind repeating them.

We hope to have other exciting news about famous names that we are getting onboard for the ride this year. When we know, I'll post again!

In the meanwhile, look forward to seeing you there!

Get in!!!

Hey guys!

Starting a new thread for a new season!

For the last 6 years (for me and Roger), 3 years for Ricky, we've played in the Premier League Fantasy Football League.

I may be a girl but I have to tell you, I do pretty well (but then I did have good coaching from Roger when his team was not doing so well - he figured at least one of us should win) . However, Ricky is very good .

Last season quite a few of you joined us on our 4x4x2 fantasy league. From this forum, we had a number of Manager of the Month winners and in fact 1st and 2nd places overall were taken by members here, who now proudly wear their chosen team shirts!

For this new season (omg! it starts VERY soon), we've created a new BetterTAX league especially for some inter-trade competition and for us to have some fun too!

This is the code 44663-15160.

It's completely free to enter, dead easy to play, costs you nothing but your footballing expertise pride , gives you something to do during those long, cold, dark, winter nights (and days!) and you may get to kick some builders ass!

All the details are on the Bettertax fantasy football page - it'd be great to see you there. You don't have to be a client of ours but you do have to work in the UK construction industry or be associated with it (unless we give you special dispensation, apply within! Thinking HSWT for example :)).

We're putting some good prizes up for the team managers that perform well monthly, as well as end of season prizes for the winning 3 teams.

Manager of the month:
There will be a £10 Gift Voucher for either M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Frasier, HMV or GAME awarded and dispatched to highest scoring team in each calendar month excluding August 2012 & May 2013.

End of season:
1st Place:Will be awarded a named & numbered football shirt for their preferred team, a £100 Gift Voucher for either M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Frasier, HMV or GAME and a £50 donation to their nominated charity.

2nd Place: Will be awarded a named & numbered football shirt for their preferred team, a £50 Gift Voucher for either M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Frasier, HMV or GAME and a £25 donation to their nominated charity.

3rd Place:Will be awarded a football shirt for their preferred team and a £25 donation to their nominated charity.

We'll also be sending out a Bettertax hi-vis vest to all entrants - woohoo! As you know we also run a photo competition, details stickied to the top of the general forum.

REMEMBER! This is FREE to enter and should be lots of fun!

We hope you can join us, invite your trades-mates too . If you need any help setting up your team, give us a shout. The season starts 18th August and you do have until 11.30 that day to sort your team out. The other seasoned players and myself will be on hand to help you out if you are new to this, so don't be afraid to ask. The old thread does hold some secrets, but we won't mind repeating them.

We hope to have other exciting news about famous names that we are getting onboard for the ride this year. When we know, I'll post again!

In the meanwhile, look forward to seeing you there!

Get in!!!

this is great defo having ago at this coz never got dchance last season and wasnt alowed to do the world cup as i just miss out on going to the world cup for england ah well. M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams were scaffs not baners or do you do tax for bankers :mad: lol post it on the main thread might get a bit more interst

Hi scaff1989,

Great to hear that you're joining up.. hope to see the usual crew along with new guys.

We are flexible on the vouchers and I believe we have also awarded the ones that can be spent pretty much anywhere, sort of universal.

If you're lucky enough to be Manager of the Month, I'll make sure you get the voucher of choice :).

Don't forget lads - have 5 defenders and 1 striker in your team for best chance of winning...

Can you do one for the Scottish 3rd division?:embarrest:

aom, you are going to join up again, aren't you? You were just getting the hang of it!!

Phil181 - I think you were there last season, hope you'll be back with your 5 defenders ;).

Copper - be great to have you onboard.

Just noticed Team GB get going tonight.... ooeeerrr! Hope they've improved since the last match.

Good to see the jocks were on top of their game with the flags an all.:laugh:

You don't get to see the oppos teams until match day. You'd nick their ideas otherwise! ;)

Thanks for joining... Good luck!

You can muck about with your team as much as you like until 11.30am on the first match day (18th August).

After that, you get one transfer a week with no loss of points. It'll cost you 4 points a transfer if you decide to change 2 or more players in a week.

If you make no changes, you get 2 free transfers the following week.

Having said that, I haven't checked this years rules but I can't imagine they will have changed that bit.

During the season you get 2 wildcards. One you can only use during the January transfer window.

:)

Glad to see you there, copperknackers and UDM :). have you both got your hi vis vests too? If not, PM me your XL, XXL details and address.. all added fun!

Not long to go before the start of the new season. Let's hope it proves more entertaining than Team GB (I mean the ffotball team here, not the amazing proper athletes! dire!).

Get yourselves signed up... only takes a few minutes. You don't need to decide your team right now, just auto complete and then do it properly when the transfer talk dies down.

Be great to see you all there again... aom, Paddy, Phil181, Superscaff (hmm where's he hiding these days?!) - c'mon guys! Don't be shy!!!

Last edited:
Now that you've had a taste of the new season, while you're in the mood, get signed up to our league.

You stiill have until next Saturday to commit to your first team choosing, but I wanna see you there!

heres my team :embarrest:
Reina
Simpson
Coloccini
Jones
Taylor
Allen
Ramires
Song
Bale
Van Persie

subs