Offshore hourly rate

woodsie

Reaction score
Been offerd offshore work, theyre going to phone me Friday with the rate what rate would be acceptable hourly rate?
Thanks in advance.

As long as it's not an agency it will be Rig rate so no worries there.

it should be the OCA agreement but if they are not in the OCA it should be about £1 less. Not offshore at the moment but im sure you will be advised accordingly.i do have the agreement somewhere but on the nelsons and watching the fitba.
it should be around £18 then holiday pay and leave pay etc
best of luck;)

Just to reiterate, don't take that fekin gun to a rig.:eek:

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Depending on the Agency they will more than likely shaft you on the leave pay.:(

I was thinking along the lines of £17.50 but it is an agent so cOuld be less. If its £16 they can fook off

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Just to reiterate, don't take that fekin gun to a rig.:eek:

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Depending on the Agency they will more than likely shaft you on the leave pay.:(

Not much use for it out there is there aom!!

Depends on the job and where it is, obviously depends how badly you want to go but starting at the bottom is the norm out there.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I was thinking along the lines of £17.50 but it is an agent so cOuld be less. If its £16 they can fook off

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Not much use for it out there is there aom!!

I take it by that you have been out before, I thought when you were asking the question about money you hadn't. I was more worried about you and the gun getting flung over the side.:eek:

What would be the minimum acceptable rate? Suppose that depends on the individual. So really with an agent ur looking at about £17 an hour ish. Thanks lads

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Depends on the job and where it is, obviously depends how badly you want to go but starting at the bottom is the norm out there.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I take it by that you have been out before, I thought when you were asking the question about money you hadn't. I was more worried about you and the gun getting flung over the side.:eek:

No never been before, first trip they gonna let me know Friday what the rate is so doing some ground work first so as to know what's an acceptable rate. As for the gun,well its not exactly price work is it. Lol

Ok, depends on where you are going and the job as said earlier, still might be worth doing a couple of trips even if it is slightly lower as you will find bigger and better when you get there. When I first went out I think I nearly had to do 3 weeks to get the same as the platforms did in a fortnight but did it anyway to work my way in, good luck.

Ok, depends on where you are going and the job as said earlier, still might be worth doing a couple of trips even if it is slightly lower as you will find bigger and better when you get there. When I first went out I think I nearly had to do 3 weeks to get the same as the platforms did in a fortnight but did it anyway to work my way in, good luck.

Thanks aom it's close to home and it's shuttling back n forth every day so will be home every night & weekends off.
It's not deffinate yet but sounds promising and worth doing just for the experience. I'll give it my best shot ;-)

Never done the gas thing so not entirely sure how it works down there, might be slightly different but the basic principle will be the same.

Top Bottom