Unqualified erecting system ? (1 Viewer)

joebag

Reaction score
how is it brickies etc can put up certain system scaffs with a 2/3 day training card,is it to do with being on a private job or something else,how does this get round the regs set for us ?

Question i have been asking for a long time now Joe , yet as an advanced scaffolder of over 32 years experience but no system ticket i cant touch it

Most do the 5 day Base card, This course is for non scaffolders, where system scaffold is erected to a maximum height of 6.0m and is within an environment where there is no general public interface.
Successful candidates will gain skills in:
Erection of independent scaffolds to a maximum height of 6.0m using any of the approved system scaffolds

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?h3vve2

does this incorporate ties or any tube work do you know,i know you dont need ties at that heaight but it is good practise !

Not all BASE, lots of in house training weekends round here run at hotels for the system ticket when I had to take the whole squad to Glasgow. Does the regulation not state that particular knowledge and proof of training in whichever system you are using. Why do I need to know that and the brickies don't?

does this incorporate ties or any tube work do you know,i know you dont need ties at that heaight but it is good practise !

6m high yellow jelly wobbles a bit if it's not tied.

I personally think it's a farce and makes a mockery of the trade and certification.

I Can Remember Having This Discusion Several Months Ago. And Im Seeing The Same Old Arguments So Nothing Changes, Not The Regs Or Our Attitude Towards System Scaffolds, I Use Kwikstage And Some Tube, Does That Make Me An Inferior Scaffolder? I Think Not.

I certainly don't think that either Gerscaff, I have often said it's just a different skill. It's not the scaffolders that are in question here it's the certification, I just can't get my head around why I have to have them all singing and all dancing but the builders send their men to an hotel course for the weekend and they come out ticketed. They don't even know or care what system they are training their guy's in, I have been asked a couple of times to supply the gear and they never ever asked what type. I never gave them anything.

Alister, Was Working On A Stewart Milne Site In Inverkeilor This Week, And There Now Not Recognising The Base Card Or The Two Day Brickie Card Even For Hop Up Moves. They Are Saying You Must Have At Least A Part One In Either System Or Tube.(CISRS Only)

gerscaff you know systems the bastrd lovechild mate and u will always get the pi55 taken my point here is to find out the back doors in which brickies etc are getting round the laws rules etc to put gear up,taking money out of all our pockets but to some extent cheapening the system game and taking jobs directly off you my friend

Alister, Was Working On A Stewart Milne Site In Inverkeilor This Week, And There Now Not Recognising The Base Card Or The Two Day Brickie Card Even For Hop Up Moves. They Are Saying You Must Have At Least A Part One In Either System Or Tube.(CISRS Only)

Does the part 1 need to be supervised Gerscaff?

Well, that's a step in the right direction. There will be a lot of lost jobs and time pass by before anyone round here comes to that conclusion. The annoying thing is who is arranging these daft wee courses which is the same people trying to find placements for young boy's as apprentice scaffolders. They don't see the problem and I can't get my head round why they can't.

Maybe should be grateful for small mercies with regard Stuart Milne.

Yes Swifty, A Part One Should Be Supervised At All Times Anyway Buddy, But Stewart Milne Are Quite Anal About Safety.

Top Bottom