Advantages of being trained in system & T&F

ability to think and problem solve! Well some people!

you see system scaffolds for what they are! boring

hmmmm,you given me a small idea here!:idea: Do they sit in a frog?:laugh:

You get a funny little code on your real scaffcard:D

Mind you swift,it is strangely satisfying tw*ting things with the nice hammer,nicely weighted.;):laugh:

Last edited:
there was a time if you where a scaffolder you had to erect what ever was put in front of you,no training just expectations.

Agreed, that's how I started but times change and it will always be for me a multi-skilled trade, you should be able to handle tube when required but equally you need the daft wee code at the end of your card that allows you to erect system as well.

The system training still confuses me, with us having to do 2 day's in our system of choice that allows us to build from 1 manufacturer only, yet there are still lots of 3 day courses that allow muppets to erect anything they like. I know it's boring and I know I have posted this before but until I get my head around it this will always confuse and annoy me.

Welcome to my world HSWT or how using the same mentality how a brickie can erect any system he likes with just 2 or 3 days training.

i can and will erect safe access and egress with whatever sort of scaffolding is available on site and no BAM with a 1day scaffold inspection course will tell me otherwise.
A SCAFFOLDER IS A SCAFFOLDER AND SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO THAT,IF HE CANT SCAFFOLD WITH WHATEVER IS ONSITE HES NOT A SCAFFOLDER;)

Top Bottom