Offshore Mythes (1 Viewer)

Years ago companies who had guys working in Holland put everything down as expenses so the lads didnt pay tax.The Brit and Dutch governments got wise and changed it.
Imagine my surprise when applying for a CIS card after years working out of UK to find out I already had one which had been applied for by an agent!!

Years ago companies who had guys working in Holland put everything down as expenses so the lads didnt pay tax.The Brit and Dutch governments got wise and changed it.
Imagine my surprise when applying for a CIS card after years working out of UK to find out I already had one which had been applied for by an agent!!

:mad::mad: so thats how i got myself self employed and my visa and thats how you got yours were u are lol makes sence swap places with a forginer and both abuse each other cis ahahah

Quick fix AOM I have got a start in Methyl onshore with offshore trips Nepotism an old mate of mine well mentor has headhunter me! Better cash more days pay 3 nights in your own bed. 2.5 hours drive went last week for interview. Loads of w@h that's what I have been drafted in. 300 men starting in a fab shop sharpish the PTG is jock land bound!!!

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

It's been a good experience AOM however it has done nothing to dispell my views on the H&S game they are some big carpets and good sweeper upers out there. Stats are stats mate there to manipulate. Was surprised by the living conditions **** on the dutch barge that I am on foods a staple diet of pork gyms ok no treats and wi fis crap! Cash is great tho and the first can well you get out of rehab is heaven!

Good luck in Fife PTG, it's a place I have never been and never fancied for some reason. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience but as you say it's not all that is it. Some barge's are really horrendous with poor and down right dirty conditions but most of the platforms I've been on were serving up good grub. I've probably posted this before but during a particular bad spell of weather one rig couldn't get their supply boat along side despite the safety boat being more than able to offer cover which didn't please the scaffs. After a good shift under deck the camp boss tried to dish up hot dog's, I kid you not, he said it's all he had. We had a full and frank exchange of views when he finally came to my way of thinking and fired on a steak for me as the galley was near empty and I sat next to the OIM eating his hot dog and me munching a steak. He didn't look well pleased.:laugh:

Good luck in the new job.

Top Bottom