Not all scaff here is as bad as you guys make out

There are a lot of rough jobs here but some of us do keep it tidy

I am all T&F but have used diff systems mainly layher & kwikstage

25 yrs scaffolding. last 7 with impact wrench

I am here to learn about a few things I cannot learn in my tiny country

Such as

The use of system over T&F around the world

The rise of Impact wrenches and where this is going

The use of T&F add on equipment like readylock, gates, extenda trannies, Van Thiel etc

NZ is big on T&F as a large amount of our work here is domestic housing and system just cant do it all without bringing the whole yard to the job. A base lift all around a house job just gets ripped out by chippies. T&F rules here.

I wanna see T&F go up as fast as system

Spanners are for getting into tight spots and opening bottles now.

Hi and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

I have worked over there my self for united scaffolding in queenstown, it was an experience to say the least.

You are right in saying there a few good scaffs in nz but they are few and far between as you don't get the correct training, nz needs to get there house in order when it comes to training because from what i seen when i was was there some of the scaffolding was unbelievable.

I have worked over there my self for united scaffolding in queenstown, it was an experience to say the least.

You are right in saying there a few good scaffs in nz but they are few and far between as you don't get the correct training, nz needs to get there house in order when it comes to training because from what i seen when i was was there some of the scaffolding was unbelievable.

yes not enough training and not enough inspectors

Christchurch is a mess . Inspectors cant get around all the work so contractors take the piss.

NZ govt brought in edge protection above 1.5m . Most of the 1 & 2 storey residential doesn't get any edge protection unless very public.

Huge gap here from regulations to what is actually happening on site.

Word last week was that Bill has sold United to Waco. Not confirmed but would give Waco a good start in Christchurch.

More of our country getting sold overseas.

Top Bottom